Chapter 18

Aaron, Lucinda, Garroth, and Kim run to the beach where Aaron had proposed to Aphmau. Even though Aaron was not positive that Aphmau would go there, he had this feeling in his heart. A feeling that told him to go there. As they reached the beach they saw a black haired, tan skinned, panicked girl. Aphmau. "Aph!" Aaron yelled, running over to her. Aphmau turns around, showing the fact that she was crying. Aphmau also runs towards Aaron, meeting him a bit less than halfway, hugging him. The rest of the group runs over, standing behind Aaron as the couple pulls away from their hug. "Aphmau, what happened?" Lucinda asks. "How'd you escape?" Kim says. "Where are the parents?" Aaron asks. "Where's Zane?" Garroth finalizes the questions. "They took him," Aphmau whimpered. (Back to when the GF were invading) Aphmau was sitting on her bed while Zane paced the room. "What if we never get off this island," Zane said, sounding distressed. "Zane, calm down. We will get out of here at some point. It might take a while, but I'm sure we'll get there," Aphmau replied. Zane stopped pacing and turned to Aphmau. "We might get home, but would all of us be okay?" Zane asked, not expecting Aphmau to have an answer to the question. Aphmau paused. "Well I-" CRASH! Aphmau was interrupted by the sound of a large object falling outside the door. "What was that!?" Aphmau exclams, shooting up from the bed. Zane, without saying a word, opens the door slightly. In the little part of the main room he could see, there were two fully suited people with guns. Immediately Zane knew what he was looking at. "We have to get out of here," Zane states, shutting the door. "What?" Aphmau questioned. Footsteps can be heard from outside the door, passing by and running into the room across from Aphmau and Aaron's room. Zane looks around, seeing the balcony. "Come on!" Zane grabs Aphmau's hand, running her over to the balcony. "Zane, we're not supposed to be out here! What's going on?" Aphmau yells, the sound of a helicopter flying above making it hard to hear. "The GF is here!" Zane yells back, "We need to get out!" The helicopter comes closer to the balcony. "There's 2 on the second balcony!" The person inside the helicopter says. Zane looks around, trying to think of any way to get them to safety. "What about Aaron and the others?" Aphmau questions, panicked. "We don't have time. If we go back in there, we're dead meat," Zane yells. An idea pops into his head. "We have to jump down the balconies," Zane explains. "What!? Are you insane?" Aphmau yells. "It's the only way! I'll climb down first and help you," Zane says. Without hesitating, zane runs over to the edge, climbing over the railing. Aphmau follows behind him, looking ready to try and grab his hands if they slipped. "Zane, be careful!" Aphmau says as Zane lowers himself down to the next balcony. "I'm fine!" Zane successfully gets down. "Now you come down, Aph!" Zane yells loudly so that Aphmau can hear. Even though Aphmau was scared out of her mind, she hops over the railing and crouches down, trying to find the best way to get to the next balcony. Aphmau eventually gets down enough for Zane to pull her in. They continue the process for multiple balconies. Eventually they get to the last balcony. "I'll jump down and catch you," Zane says, not wanting Aphmau to hurt herself, seeing as the drop to the ground was bigger than they had been jumping. "But you might get hurt!" Aphmau complains. "It's the only way out," Zane says. The drop was about 15 feet. Zane gets to the point that he is hanging off the balcony, making it more of a 9-9 ½ foot drop. Letting his hand go, he drops, landing perfectly fine. "Okay. Do what I did!" Zane instructs. Aphmau follows the orders, doing the same thing Zane did. Once Aphmau was dangling, she still had about a 11-10 foot drop. "Don't worry! I'll catch you!" Zane calls, reassuring his best friend. Aphmau lets go off the balcony, falling. Zane, as promised, catches her right before she hits the ground. "What did I say?" Zane asks with a smile, making Aphmau chuckle. The mood immediately gets back to being serious. "We need to get as far away from here as possible," Zane states. "We're on an island! Where is there to go?" Aphmau says. "The GF are everywhere. If we go anywhere, they'll be right behind us." Zane thinks for a moment. Aphmau's points were true. "Let's just try and get somewhere less crowded," Zane finally says. "The house?" Aphmau suggests. "No.They probably have people there already," Zane says, "Is there anywhere you know that Aaron or the rest of the group might go?" Zane asks. "...There's the beach where he proposed to me?" Aphmau said, making it sound like a question. "Perfect. Come on!" The two sneak through allies and run in and out of stores on their escape to the beach. "We're close. If we can get through this plaza then we're practically free," Aphmau whispers to Zane. But of course, just as they are getting close, someone yells, "That's the boy on the posters!" Heads turned from all angles. GFs running to the commotion. "Run!" Zane yells. They were about one block away from the forest path they were trying to get to. Zane started to notice, even though it was only slightly obvious, the GF seemed to be after him more than they were Aphmau. An Idea struck Zane. "Keep running! Don't turn around!" He yells to Aphmau. Aphmau, following Zane's command, keeps running. Zane suddenly takes a right turn only to stop dead in his tracks, seeing three more GF coming head on at him. He turns to see if there was any other way he could go. He was surrounded on all sides. There was nowhere for him to run. The last thing he remembers seeing is Aphmau standing at the start of the path with a terrified and hurt expression. He sweetly smiles at her before everything went dark.

Happy Thanks Giving to anybody who celebrates it! I hope you enjoy your day! I'm very happy that so many people read and enjoy my story. You're all wonderful people! Bye!