chapter 19

Chapter 19(I feel that I should make sure everybody knows that this fanfic/story is based off of Aphmau's Mystreet series, Mystreet season 5-6. This is very much not how the original story goes, nor how the characters act all the time. I assume anyone who is reading this has already watched the series, but if you haven't I suggest you do! Thanks for reading. You may continue with the story...)"I wanted to save him. I did!" Aphmau cried, "But I got scared when I saw more GF looking for me." The group stayed silent for a second, trying to process what they had just heard. "First Melissa, now Zane.." Lucinda whispers, on the verge of tears. "Wait! What happened to Melissa?" Aphmau asks, not noticing the older girl was not with them till now. "She was shot," Araron states, trying not to think or cry about it. As Aphmau and Aaron discussed the loss of his older sister, Garroth stood wide-eyed. His baby brother, the one he had lived, fought, hurt, and grown up with was in the hands of the GF. Who knows if he's hurt or even alive. And he did it all to save somebody else. The Zane that Garroth knew a few years ago would never have done that. "Garroth..?" Kim asked, "Are you okay?" Garroth looked over to Kim, his eyes watering. "We need to find him," Garroth says, his voice sounding weak. "We need to!" Aaron, Kim, and Lucinda made eye contact with each other. Lucinda was about to speak up when Aphmau spoke, "I overheard one of the GF talking about where they were going,". The whole group turns their full attention to the little girl. "What did they say? Where are they going?" Lucinda questions. "They had said something about this cave. I'm not exactly sure where it is or how to get there, but they said that it was behind a waterfall. They mentioned a forest too," Aphmau explains, looking down at the ground in deep thought as she tries to remember the exact words the guards had said. "Wait," Aarons says, recalling the geographical features. "When we were looking for an escape from the hotel, I remember seeing this cave that was surrounded by a forest. It's not somewhere where Starlight visitors go, but it's not blocked off to the public," Aaron explains. "Do you know how to get there?" Kim questions. "Mmm.." Aaron hums, squinting his eyes a bit. "I'll be honest, no. But I'm willing to try to find it! I can kind of remember what was around it, I could use that to get us to the cave," Aaron said, sounding determined as he tried to convince the group that he could do it. "I don't know. Without knowing where we're exactly going, we could walk right into the GF," Garroth said, his ears pointing down in worry for his brother and his friends. "Well unless you have a better suggestion, it's our best bet," Lucinda explains. "I'm in," She says. "Same," Aphmau says, Kim following her. "Garroth?" Aaron questions, waiting for the blonds answer. Garroth thought for a moment before responding. "Fine," Garroth sighs. "Alright! Let's go!" Aphmau says, adrenaline getting to her. "Wow, wow, wow. Even though we're finding this place without a route, that doesn't mean we're leaving here without a plan," Lucinda says. "Lucinda's right, Aph. We want to be as prepared as we can be," Aaron says, siding with Lucinda's statement. "Well what's the plan?" Aphmau asks, Imationt and desperate to save her loved ones. "We need to think about it," Garroth says. Garroth looks around. The sun was barely visible, making it harder to see. "It's gonna be really dark out soon," He states. The group nods, acknowledging what he said. "Should we wait till tomorrow to find Zane?" Kim asks. "What if the GF hurt him?!" Aphmau practically yells, worried for her friend. "Aphmau, calm down. We aren't settled on a plan just yet. We're thinking," Aaron says, wrapping his arms around the little girl. "Aaron, do you think you could get us there in the dark?" Lucinda asked. "I could try," Aaron said, unsure. "I say we try to get as close as we can to the cave," Lucinda says. "Where would we sleep?" Kim asks. Lucinda sighed "Wherever we end up." "What? Just on the floor?" Aphmau asked, confused. "We were all freezing at the lodge, how bad could it be for one night!" Lucinda yells, stressed. Even though she didn't mean to do it, any mention of "the lodge" Is triggering for the group. A silence falls over the beach. Only the sound of the waves crashing onto the shore can be heard. "Sorry.." Lucinda quietly says, looking down. "I- I'm just really upset. So many negative things are happening all at once. I-" "Lucinda" Aaron says, interrupting Lucinda's rant. "We understand," Aaron continues. Lucinda takes a deep breath, knowing if she can relax a bit, things would roll a tiny bit smoother. "Okay," She said afterwards. "So are we going to follow that plan or..?" She asks the group. "I think so," Garroth responds, looking around at everybody else for approval. Everybody nods. "Then it's settled," Lucinda says. "Let's do this." The group had been walking for about 30 minutes, led by Aaron who was trying to find the right way. The sun had just set making it torture for Aaron. He felt terrible every time he had to make all of them turn back and go a different way. Just as Lucinda had done, Aaron was starting to get stressed, overwhelmed and all around angry at himself, blaming all the stuff that had happened on him. "Rrrh! Wrong way, again! Sorry guys.." Aaron says, his ears falling to the side of his head. "Aaron, it's too dark to see. We should stop and wait till the sun is up in the morning," Kim suggested, knotising that Aaron was starting to lose his temper. "Yeah," Aphmau agrees,"Kim's right." Everyone in the group pauses, looking over at Aaron. Aaron had an upset look on his face. "Fine, sorry," He says, turning to the side, looking at the ground. "Aaron, don't blame yourself," Lucinda states, relating to Aarons current mindset. Aaron looks up at Lucinda and nods. "Yeah, okay." The group looks around for a safe place to stay. Once they had found a spot, Aphmau sat down next to Aaron, grabbing his hand. Aaron looks down at their hands, the diamond ring on her hand reminding him of how everything had been so perfect and happy. Tears welled up in his eyes. What did I do to deserve this?Hello! I want to apologize for the fact that I haven't been posting. I have no main excuses for why, I just forgot about it. I also started to read these two Zane fanfics. (They are literally the only fanfics I've read for like the past three months, no joke!) Anyway! Sorry for the wait! I'll try and hop back onto this but idk what will happen.