Chapter 6

It was noon and the four of us were getting ready to leave. "So where is this beach again?" I question Aphmau. "Oh, it's this place away from the crowds of people. The beach is known to have great tide pools!" Aphmau explains, obviously excited. Aaron wraps his arms around the girl. "Baby, the sooner we leave the sooner you can look for sea bunnies." Aphmau jumps up and down, ready to get going. "I got the basket, I don't know what we're waiting for," Garroth says next to me, basket in hand. "Lets go!!" Aphmau says, grabbing Aarons wrist. Aaron obviously let her pull him, she wouldn't be able to if he stood his ground. "Ready?" Garroth said, facing me. After Garroth had come back from wherever Aphmau had chased him, he had a bandage on his cheek near his chin. Then there were the ears. "Zane?" I guess that I had been staring because his ears drooped a bit. "Sorry, yeah, I'm ready." I say turning away. "Zane, do the ears make you uncomfortable?" I could tell that he was somewhat hurt. The last thing I wanted to do was hurt Garroth. "No, I just thought I saw a bug on your ear." With that his ears perked up, his body stiffening. "Is there a bug?" He hesitantly says. This makes me laugh. Garroth isn't scared of bugs, but if a bug is on him, he becomes as stiff as a rock. Hey, I love my brother, but that doesn't mean I don't like to mess with him. "No you goof. Now come on, Aphmau and Aaron will be waiting. " I say, walking to the door Aphmau had dragged the tall wolf a second ago. We walked down a long path, nature taking over the surroundings as we got closer to the beach. "How close are we?" Garroth questions Aaron. "It should be just down this path." Aaron responds, pointing down a dirt road that split off from the pathed one we were on. We could see the beach coming up from ahead. "Aaron look, there's a sea bunny pod down by the shore." Aphmau says, pointing to a small group of different colored sea bunnies. "Why don't you go down and meet 'em. Garroth, Zane and I will set up the blanket." Aaron says, turning to us for approval, which we nod at. "Ok!" Aphmau says, giving Aaron a peck on the cheek before running down to the water. "Lets go over in the shade." Aaron leads us over to a cool, sun-blocked patch of sand. We set the blanket down, along with a basket holding our lunch. We all sit down, turning to the small potato who was crouched down, most likely looking at a sea bunny. "So we're going to have to have two Lycans on the street soon, eh" Garroth says, elbowing Aarons arm. Aarons face went bright red. "I- uuh" Both Garroth and I laugh. Aaron might be tough and strong, but when it comes to being flustered he's got no grasp. "Hey guys! Do we want to eat or swim first?" Aphmau says, appearing out of nowhere behind Garroth. "I think swimming would be the best call." I state, following the 'Don't swim after eating' rule. Although it being mostly a joke, everybody agrees and we head down to the water. Sea bunnies scramble away as we get closer, Aphmau still squealing at the sight of them. The water was cold but not freezing, good for a hot summer day. Due to Aphmau's lack of swimming skills, the small girl has an inner tube around her waist. There are slight waves, nothing too big but just enough to make it enjoyable. You see, the problem with having these 'traits' of mine is that they ruin good moments, like this one. I could feel water freezing into chunks around me, supposably dropping to the sea floor. Nobody noticed, but it kept me on edge the whole time we swam. We had been in the water for a good 45 minutes, splashing, talking, trying to get Aphmau to float on her own. "Alright, what do you say we head in. I'm starving." Garroth states, pointing one hand to the shore, the other keeping him afloat. "Couldn't agree more!" Aphmau says. Aaron was holding onto her, starting to push the floaty back to the sand. Once we got back on land we dried off, we sat down in a circle on the blanket. "So we have ham or turkey." Aphmau said, pulling out four sandwiches. "Two of each." she added. "I'll take ham." Aaron says. "I got turkey." Garroth calls, raising his hand. Aphmau tosses the two boys their sandwiches before turning to me. "Zane?" She questions, waiting for me to answer. "I don't care, I'll take anything." Aphmau throws a ham sandwich at me, making it hit my chest and fall into my lap. I glare at her while she smiles. "Yeah, thanks for the sandwich." I say sarcastically. "Hehehehe, You're welcome." We enjoyed our sandwiches, laughing when a piece of Aphmau's turkey fell onto the sand. Finishing up the day, packing up the blanket and the basket and walking back down the path. As we started to come back to civilization, I realized how enclosed and peaceful the beach had been. I had forgotten about everything, Aaron's Ultima secret, Garroth's now werewolf form, and my stupid powers. Irene I wish I could stay there forever. Now that would be heaven. I feel something grab the back of my shirt, also grabbing my attention. I look over to see Garroth. "You almost ran into that lamp post, baby bro." He says, making me look forward to see a black pole inches away from my face. "Oh, thanks." He lets go of my shirt and we continue to walk home. Tomorrow everyone will be back at the house, Kim, Ghost, Lucinda, the rest of the Lycan family, the wolf pack, and Mom and Dad...Dad.