Chapter 17

The group had split up from their conversation, moving to different rooms. Garte and Zianna were in their room, while Derek and Rachel were in theirs. Zane and Aphmau had gone to Aphmau and Aarons room. Garroth, Lucinda and Melissa were in the kitchen, talking. Aaron and Kim were sitting on the couch in the living room, watching the news. "As Starlight stays on shut down, guests are beginning to argue and riot to get off the island," The news reporter on the screen says. A video most likely taken from a drone or a helicopter shows a large group of people yelling and pushing at a gate where Guardian Forces were partroling. "We have gotten little information about how the mission is going, but we did receive this clip from an interview one capin did." The screen cuts to a GF standing at a podium. "Sir, sir! How long is it going to take till the island opens back up, and people are allowed to leave?" A reporter yells from the crowd that is off camera. "We understand that this is a big inconvenience to the individuals that have been stuck at Starlight. But we would like to say that we sincerely apologize for the wait, and hope that, if all goes to plan, we will have the island reopened soon," The captain says. Aaron sits up a bit, straightening his back. The word didn't sit right with him. "What does he mean 'If everything goes to plan'?" Kim questions, also not feeling great about what she had heard. "I-," Aarons pauses, barely getting a word out before hearing it, his ears perking up. *Thump-Thump-Thump* The sound of multiple shoes running up stairs filled his head. "They're here.." Aaron whispers quietly. "What?" Kim questions. "They're-" Before Aaron could finish his sentence, the door was busted open. "Get on the ground! This is the Guardian Force!" The person in the front of the group yelled. Almost instantly, as if she had planned for it, Melissa ran over to the table, throwing it at the GF. The parents came running out of their rooms. "What's going on?!" Derek yells before seeing the armed men and women at the door. Grabbing Rachel, he ran into the Ro'Meave parents room, pulling them in too. Grabbing Kim, Aaron runs up to the kitchen. "What do we do?" Kim whispers as Aaron goes to help Melissa and Garroth, who had also gone to help Melissa block the guards out. "If I can get us to a clamer room, I could try and teleport us to another place," Lucinda says. "Then that's what we'll do!" Ghost says. "I don't know. I've only done the spell once before, and-" "Lucinda, it's our best bet," Kim interrupts, looking Lucinda right in the eyes. "Okay," The two girls stood up. "Guys!" Lucinda yells. As the three turn, Lucinda points to the bedrooms. A gunshot fires from one of the guns. The five run to Lucinda and Kim's room. After they had shut the door, pulling over a dresser to block the guards that had obviously followed them. "What's the plan?" Melissa asks, wondering why they had cornered themselves into a room. One with no balcony too. "Lucinda is gonna use a teleportation spell to get us out of here," Kim explains. "Where will we go?" Garroth asks. "That's the problem, we don't know," Kim says. Lucinda starts the spell, whispering words that nobody could understand, nor here fully. "Okay. it's almost ready. Stand close to me," Lucinda says, gathering everyone in a circle around her. Just then, the dresser gets pushed down by the doors. The door cracks open a bit. Lucinda ignores it, trying to finish the spell. Melissa turns to look at the door, seeing a gun pointing through it. Pointing right at Aaron....Melissa runs in between the gun and Aaron. "Melissa!" Aaron yells, turning his head to see what she was doing. The last thing Aaron hears is a gunshot before seeing all white. The group opens their eyes to see that they are in the middle of Starlight Adventure park. "Lucinda!" Garroth yells. "Why here!" He says, while covering his ears as guests start panicking. "It's the Ultima!" "Werewolves!" "Someone get the guardian force!" Multiple screams could be heard from the people as parents rushed to get kids, and themselves to 'safety'. "I told you, it was my second time casting that spell!" Lucinda argued back. "That's not important now! We have to get out of here," Kim says. Kim starts running towards an abandoned looking alley, the other three following. They get into the alley, breaking into a room that was connected to the alley. Aaron stares blankly at the wall. Garroth was the first to realize. "Wait....where's Melissa?" Garroth looks up at Aaron, seeing his bright red eyes. Acting immediately, he runs over to Aaron, takes a bandage wrapped around Aarons arm and uses it to cover his eyes. "Aaron, where is she?" Lucinda asks, panicking. "They shot her.." Aaron says, sounding so shocked and pained. "She sacrificed herself for me.." Aarons eyes started to water, staining the bandages. Tiers filled everybody's eyes as it sunk in that their friend had just died. "Oh, Melissa," Kim said in a sorrowful voice. Lucinda walks over to Aaron, hugging him. "This is my fault," Aaron says. "This is all my fault," Aaron crys. "No! This is not your fault. You have done nothing wrong!" Garroth argues. After comforting Aaron and just letting everyone cry for a moment, the group brings things back together, planning what to do. "I think the main thing right now is for us to find Aphmau and Zane," Lucinda says. "What about our parents," Garroth asks. "I feel like the parents could protect themself better than Zane and Aphmau. That is...If they escaped," Lucinda says. "We wouldn't ignore them if we found them, but we should focus on Aph and Zane for now." Garroth pauses for a second, thinking. "Okay. I understand," Garroth reponds. "So where do we look first? The guards are everywhere," Kim states. "Aaron, do you know anywhere that Aphmau might specifically go? If she escaped, she might be with Zane," Lucinda says, explaining her thinking. Aaron takes a second to think. "The beach."