Chapter 7

"You moron, you ideotic fool!" My fathers voice booms. I was in a dark room, no light, no sign of our house anywhere. I look around trying to find any sign of light. Nothing. "You should have never been born! You are a mistake to this world!" The loud, familiar yelling filled the room. "You're a danger to this planet, a danger nobody wants! What are you still doing here? All you'll accomplish is disappointing everyone! You fail to see it now, but you're a burden! Aphmau, Garroth, Vylad, your so called 'Friend group', they all hate you, wish they never knew you!" All things my father had told me before, most I believed. A light appeared in front of me, my father under it. "Ask any of them, you'll see." He said, following up to what he had said before. My father walked closer to me, raising his fist. He stopped right in front of me, his hand going a bit higher before it swung at me. I shot up, breathing heavy. I looked around, seeing the familiar room I'd been sleeping in for a while now. I let out a long breath. "Zane..?" I heard the groggy voice of my older brother. I turned my head to him, he started sitting up. I try to pull myself together, wiping my watery eyes before the tiers could spill. You see, I'm amazing at hiding my feelings, I've done it for years, but when it comes to brother vs sudden hit emotions, brother always wins. After rubbing his eyes for a second he looked up. I guess my attempt of making myself look good failed, because he sat up even more, his face growing in worry. "Zane, what's wrong!? What happened!?" He questioned in a whisper yell while swimming his legs over the side of his bed. "Garroth I'm fine." I respond, trying my best not to stutter. I had a stutter as a kid and mostly got over it, but it still happens once and a while. "No! What happened? You look like you just saw a ghost!" Garroth said, pushing for me to tell him. Garroth was sweet that way, always wanting to help. "Garroth, I'm ok. It was just a stupid nightmare." I said, attempting to convince Garroth nothing was wrong. It seemed to work because he didn't look as worried. "Well do you want to tell me what the nightmare was about." I boy do I, but I can't. Garroth knows my father and I don't have the best relationship, but he doesn't know the truth about why and what he's done to me. I just came up with the best thing I could think of. "It was of highschool.." WHAT? I know its a stupid excuse but I have many things I could say where a memory nightmare! For instance Gene or even Ein in highschool. "Oh..I didn't know you still had trouble with that." Garroth responded. "No, no, Garroth. It's not like that, I just randomly did. It's fine." I said. "Now I'm tired, let's go to bed." Garroth agreed, seeing as it was around 4:00 AM. I didn't sleep for the rest of the night, which wasn't that long but it felt like an eternity. Around 6:30 I decided to head downstairs, slowly closing the door to the bedroom so not to wake Garroth who was still sound asleep. Everybody was coming back to the house today, we assume around lunch but aren't certain. I poured a glass of orange juice from the fridge, grabbing a bowl and cereal box too. I sat down at the counter and ate my breakfast, looking through my phone. After 15 minutes, I heard footsteps from the stairs. Aaron turned the corner, he jumped a bit when he saw me. "Oh Irene, Zane, you scared me." He said. As I had mentioned, I hadn't slept well so I was somewhat grumpy. "Yeah, cool." I say looking back down at my bowl, half the cereal was eaten already. "You don't have to get so offensive, I just didn't expect you to be there." He says in his own defence. "Sorry." Was all I responded with. Aaron walked to the kitchen but I could practically feel his eyes watching me. "Hey, are you ok?" He questions after getting a bagel and placing it in the toaster. "Yeah, just didn't sleep well." I say. "Did something happen?" I stayed silent for a bit before saying: "Not really, I just had a nightmare." Interrupting myself with a little chuckle. "I think I scared Garroth." Aaron laughed at that. "Well you could take a nap later, or even now." Aaron suggests, taking out the now toasted bagel and putting it on a plate. "Eh, I could, but everyones coming back today and I know my mom wouldn't like that." I said, finding no point in napping."Oh, I forgot that they're coming back today." Aaron says. "Yup!" A cheery voice said from the stairs. Aphmau walked into the kitchen. "Hey Aaron! Hey Zane!" She said. "I can't wait to see everyone!" The small girl also grabbed a bowl and cereal. "Yeah, you two will be the center of attention." I state, knowing everyone will want to know what happened, especially the girls. Aphamu lets out a little giggle. "Hey, where's Garroth?" She questions, looking around for the blondy. "Where else would he be?" I say pointing up to the ceiling, indicating that he was up in our room. "Oh, that's odd, he usually gets up earlier." Aphmau says. "Well apparently Zane gave him a scare last night." Aaron said. "What happened?" The little potato asked before shoving cereals into her mouth. Everyone just wants to ask 'what happened' today hu. "Just had a nightmare and woke him up." I explained. "Then you didn't sleep." Aaron continued. "Zaaane, you could have come told me." Aphmau complained, bringing up an option only a child should have. "I was not about to get up and go to you at four in the morning because of a nightmare, Aphmau." I say, bringing my now empty bowl to the sink and cleaning it. "Well I just wanted to know you could have." The girl says, shoving another spoonful of cereal into her mouth.