Chapter 14

(Aphmau POV) "It's mine! I grabbed it first!" "I need it! I have two kids!" I hear two ladies fighting over a bottle of shampoo. I keep my head low. Supplies have been running low ever since the island shut down. I walk out of the store after paying. It's a good thing we had cash on us, well Derek and Garte had cash. We're not allowed to do anything that might reveal our identity, like credit cards. As I walk down the pathway going back to our apartment, an electronic billboard crowded with people has a news report playing. "As the guardian force continues to partorol the island, they are extending the wait. Supply boats are being sent, and after thurow inspection, will be placed in stores." A groan is shared across the crowd. "They're keeping us longer?!" More complains from the people are hollered out. I walk away from the crowd and into the back alley of the apartment building. *knock* knock* knock-knock* knock* I tap out our little code on the door. Lucinda opens up the door. "Did you get everything?" she questions. "I got the food and one bottle of soap," I inform. "Bandages?" Lucinda asks. Seeing as we were running low on banges for Kim, Melissa and Zane. "Yeah! That's one thing that's not running out," I say. "Speaking of that, You should get the bandages up to them," Lucinda says. I nod and run up the stairs. Well, run up half the stairs. It's a long way up. I open the door to Melissa, Aaron, Garte, Derk, and Rachel at the table. There was a map of the island on the table. They all turned to me when I opened the door. "Did you get the bandages?" Rachel questioned. "Yes," I say. "No! I don't want to change the bandages!" Mellisa said. "Come on, Melissa, it's not that bad. I'll help you," Kim offered kindly, appearing from the living room. I toss Kim the bandages. She catches them with her good arm, and leads Mellisa to her room. "Here, I'll go give Zane the other bandages," I say, leaving the bag on the table and taking the bandages. I walk down the hallway leading to Garroth and Zane's shared room. When I get to their room, Garroth is sitting on his bed talking to Zane, who was sitting on his bed. "Hey Aph," Garroth greets the minute he sees me. "Do you need something?" "Actually, I brought Zane's bandages," I explained. Zane groaned just like Melissa had. "What? Does it hurt to change them?" Garroth asks his little brother. "No. It's just annoying to do it," Zane responds. "Well, the faster you do it the faster it's over," I say, throwing the bandages to Zane's bed. They landed right next to his feet, even though I was aiming closer to his hands. Sports were never my thing. Garroth gets off his bed and walks over to Zane's, presumably to help him with the bandages. I exit the room, closing the door behind me. Taking a moment to look through the halfway, which I had never really done before. We stayed on the top floor of a hotel. Our main room had a table right when you walk in the door with a kitchen text to it. Behind the table, there was a small step-down into a living room with a TV and a large window. We had two hallways across from each other, separated by the main room. Down one hallway, the parents room's, including Melissa's, were there. In the other hallway were the "kids'' rooms. AKA anybody who wasn't Mr and Mrs Lycan or Ro'Meave or Melissa. That was pretty much it. There were 3 bathrooms in the hallways, one in the parents hallway and two in the kids. I think the Ro'meave's room had a private bathroom though. Some of the rooms had balconies, but we rarely go on them seeing as there are GF everywhere looking for us. Kim's arm had pretty much healed. She had started just putting normal bandaids on the still open wound. The rest of the wound had evolved into a scar. Melissa's shoulder would still bleed at times, but was pretty good. Her chest was taking a bit longer in the healing process, but should be fine. Zane's wound was also kind of like Melissa's, still bleed-y and not healed very much, but fine. I walk back to the main room where Melissa, Aaron, Garte, Derk, and Rachel were. As I had left them, they were talking about the mapping of where we would go or if we even would. Aaron, looking annoyed at his father, walks over to me, giving me a hug. "Hey, baby. Wanna go to our room?" He asked me. "Sure," I said. We walked down the hallway that I had just come from and into our room. "So how's your day been? How was the store?" Aaron asked. "Fine. There was a billboard that was talking about how they are extending the stay," I say. "Yeah. We heard that. It was on TV," Aaron said. We crawl into our bed, Aaron pulling out his phone so we can watch Netflix. We stay cuddled like that, watching Netflix for about an hour and a half before we hear a knock at our door. "Yeah?" Aaron calls to the person. "Hey. It's me, Garroth. Just wanted to tell you dinner is ready," Garroth's voice says from behind the door. "Ok! We'll be there in a minute," Aaron responds, sitting up. Stretch out on the bed. "I don't wanna get up!" I whine. "Haha. Fine. If you won't do it, I'll do it for you," Aaron says, picking me up. "Aah! HAHA! Aaron, put me down!" I cry as Aaron walks out our door and toward the dinner table. "Hehe. I see some people are having fun trapped in this house," Melissa joked. Everybody was already at the table. Aaron put me down when we got into the main room. "So how was your day?" Rachel asked. Going around the table, everyone answered. "Good"'s and "Fine"'s were the main answers. Melissa complained about her wound a bit before her father told her not to talk about it while people were eating. I laughed at that. We ate and talked for an hour and a half, all of us practically finished with dinner. "Well, if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna head to bed," Derik said, standing up and bringing his plate to the sink. "Whose day is it to do the dishes?" Lucinda asked. "Oh, mine," Zane responded. "Zane, CAN you do the dishes with your wound and all?" Garroth asked. "What do you mean? I didn't hurt my arm," Zane stated. "Yeah. well be careful not to stand too long," Rachel said. Zane just looked confused but agreed. We all started to split up back to our rooms after that. Aaron and I returned to our bed, Lucinda, Melissa and Kim went back to Kim and Lucinda's room, Garroth stuck by Zane, helping him do the dishes, and the parents all went into the Lycan's room. Tonights been a good night, but I still can't help but wish that all this would blow over. That something would change...