Chapter 5

"Hey mum!" I hear Garroth say. I was sitting on my bed reading a book while Garroth paced back and forth, his phone up to his ear. "It's good to talk to you too!" Garroth was always so polite to our parents, I guess he is a golden child. I can't think of any parent that wouldn't want Garroth. "Hey, we were just wondering when you're coming back to the house." He stops pacing and stares in my general direction, not trying to signal something just staring. His eyes suddenly widened just a bit. "No, no! Nothing happened, we were just wondering." Classic mom, always worrying about her boys. I guess that's what a mom does, well, a good mom. "Oh, ok... Sorry mum, can't tell you! Bye!" Garroth said, waving slightly as if my mom could see him. "So...What's the news?" I ask after Garroth throws his phone onto his bed. "They're coming back tomorrow actually." He says, sitting down criss-crossing on the blue comforter. "Mum said that everyone can't wait to hear what's up with Aph and Aaron. I didn't say a word though" He said, the sound of his tail swishing back and forth. The thoughts of my dad came back into my head. I liked vacation more when he wasn't around. "Oh" I say, not meaning to sound down. "Hey, is something wrong?" Garroth asked, like the big brother he is. I immediately picked up my mood. "No, nothing's wrong! I was just thinking" I say. He gives me a questioning look. "About..." He says, wanting me to fill in the blank. Garroth has no idea about what my dads done, or about my little abilities. "Just stuff" My brother doesn't seem so happy with my answer but lets it slide. "Anyway, Aphmau wanted to know if you, Aaron and I would go with her to this part of the beach. It's supposed to be gorgeous, and of course Aphmau wants to find sea bunnies there." Garroth said. I guessed both Aaron and Garroth would be going. "Eh, why not. When will we leave?" Garroth seemed happy that I agreed. "I think at noon, 12 to be exact" I look at my phone. It was 10:36. "Ok. What do you want to do in the meantime?" I ask, seeing as we have quite a while till we plan on leaving. "Well I was gonna go annoy Aaron for a bit." Garroth said. "I'm in." I responded, not leaving a second to interrupt. Both of us stand up and walk to the door, opening it and heading to Aaron and Aphmau's room. When we get there the door is already open. Both of us just stand at the entrance of the door and stare at the couple on the bed. "What do you want?" Aphmau questions, tilting her head to the side slightly. "We came here to annoy Aaron, but since you're here.." Garroth says with a smile. Aphmau inhales and stands up, grabbing something from the floor. A chancla. Garroth screams and runs as Aphmau follows him, pushing myself against the doorway so not to run into them. I watch as the two run off and then turn to Aaron, who was still sitting on the bed. We both just stare at each other for a bit. "You're still uncomfortable with Garroth being a werewolf, aren't you?" Aaron says out of the blue. I straighten my posture, startled by how easily he could tell. I knew I had noticed the tail as Garroth ran but didn't think I made any expression on it. "How did you..?" I say, not bothering to finish the sentence. "You looked down as they ran out, your eyes squinted. Well, eye" Wow, still able to pull an eye joke out of there. "So am I right?" Aaron questions. "Well, I guess" I say, looking down at my feet. "I'm sorry." I hear Aaron say. Out of the corner of my eyes, I see his ears drop. "Why are you sorry?" I question, lifting my head back up. "I caused this. It was my fault for losing control." Aaron says. "Aaron, nobody blames you for this. It could have happened to anybody." I state, truthfully too. Nobody did blame him, well, maybe Mr.Lycan did. Suddenly, Aphmau comes trotting back into the room, pausing after seeing our long faces. "Did..something happen?" She asks carefully. "No, nothing happened" Aaron answered, not wanting to bother Aphmau, which I agreed with. Aphmau hopped back onto the bed. "Where's Garroth?" I question. Aphmau lets out a sinister laugh. "Oh, he'll be back soon~" Both Aaron and I slowly turn our heads to her, wide eyed. "OOOOKAY" I say, turning and finger gunning at the door. "I'm gonna go now" Right before I left, Aphmau called: "Hey, Zane! Did you ever get the date that everybody was coming back on?" Making me remember Garroth didn't tell them. "Oh, yeah, we did. They said they'd be back tomorrow." to that, Aphmau nodded. After leaving the room I headed to the kitchen, pulling a glass out of the cabinet for water. I was holding and sipping the newly poured water while looking out the window, thinking. Everybody at home was clueless about Garroth. How are we going to tell them? And Aaron... How would people react when they heard he's an Ultima. How would they react if they knew what I could do. At least with Aaron his whole family knows. Heck, his father is one, but in my case...I'm a lone wolf. Just like Aaron, I could hurt basically everybody, kill them even! "You don't know how to control it Zane! You're dangerous to everybody!" Memories of my fathers voice boomed inside my head. "What would you do if somebody angered you at school, what if you lost your slight bit of sanity you have and did something to them!?" My voice soon followed with an argument. "I would never hurt someone purposely! I wouldn't lose control!" "You can't say that. Anything could happen! What if it happened to Garroth or Vylad, even your own mother!" My own family. What if I did hurt them. Aaron probably said the same thing, Garroths incident would prove that wrong. What if I hurt Garroth like that. The water glass in my hand was now frozen. I Dumped the ice block into the sink, placing the cup beside it. I need to get more information about my 'trates'.