Chapter 02

You know, even if you find your soulmate, it doesn't mean that you're guaranteed to be with them your whole life. My parents are the perfect example.

They were high school sweethearts. They fell in love, had me at a young age, got married and they thought they would last forever.

But then my dad started coming home every night drunk, unable to function properly. He slowly became an alcoholic, spending more time at the bar than at home with his family. My mom kept waiting for him to get better, for him to go back to his old self. We both did.

It never happened though. After months of debating it, she finally divorced him. I didn't think she was ever going to move on. I thought she would just stay single forever, but then she met my stepdad, David.

They fell for one another fast and hard. They then got married and he helped raise me. I've never been more grateful for someone to enter my life.

He taught me everything I know. He taught me how to shave, how to play lacrosse, he helped me with my IED diagnosis, and he helped me with my meds. He's been there for almost everything I've been through, and it doesn't seem like he's going anywhere anytime soon.

"What are you thinking about?" Hayden asks me.

"Just my parents," I tell her, smiling. "All good things, don't worry."

"Well then," she stands up. "I'm going to go my last class. I'll see you after school?"

I nod, standing up, kissing her lips.

She kisses me back, smiling into the kiss. She pulls away, smacking her lips. I bite my bottom lip, smirking at her. She blushes slightly, rolling her eyes before walking away.

Sometimes, in moments like this, I never have to second guess whether she's my soulmate or not. It just makes perfect sense that we are.

Considering I don't have any more classes for the day, but I need to wait for Hayden to finish, I make my way outside. I know for a fact that Stiles, Isaac and Scott all have a spare period right now and I know exactly where they hang out.

I make my way over to their table, smiling as they all look at me. I sit down next to Isaac, listening into their conversation.

"You are seriously no help whatsoever," Stiles says, scoffing as he shakes his head.

"Yeah, well it's not my strong point. I've never really had to be useful before," Isaac reply.

The one thing I noticed from the moment I become a part of the pack, was Isaac's and Stiles' relationship. They get along and they're friends, but they do argue about things a lot. All petty little things as well.

There's a lot of banter that goes back and forth between them. Sometimes it can be quite entertaining and funny, other times it can get annoying and repetitive.

"Guys stay focused please," Scott says, breaking the tension between the two. "Liam, what are you doing here? Don't you have class?"

"Nope," I tell him. "What are you guys talking about?"

"Nothing," Stiles snaps. "It's adult talk, nothing that should concern you."

I roll my eyes, ignoring Stiles' comment. Scott, Stiles and I all came up with an agreement at the ending of last year. We all agreed to not keeps secrets from one another, no matter how bad they were.

I understand that we all still need some privacy and we do still keep some secrets from one another, but if Isaac knows, I should be able to as well.

"What about our agreement?" I ask him, clenching my jaw.

Stiles sighs, looking at Scott and rolling his eyes. Scott looks at me with sympathetic eyes and then looks back at Stiles, raising his eyebrows. Isaac looks from Scott and Stiles to me, smirking as he sits there, uninvolved.