Chapter 07

Stiles and I both agreed to not mention anything that happened tonight, and I'm glad we came to that agreement. It'll lead to less questions and will eliminate the risk of anyone finding out about Theo being my soulmate.

I watch the time tick by, getting closer and closer to 7am. I wasn't able to get back to sleep once I got back home. My mind wasn't able to shut off, all the thoughts playing on a never-ending cycle.

Hayden wasn't my soulmate, but I did end up finding my soulmate. Only I don't know if Theo is a good guy or a bad guy. He hasn't given us a reason to not trust him, Stiles is just paranoid and likes to think everyone is a bad guy.

I don't blame him I just really hope he's wrong about Theo. He has to be.

I roll my eyes as my phone alarm goes off, indicating it's time to get up. I roll out of bed, a sudden wave of emptiness hitting me as I look down at my screensaver. It's a photo of Hayden and I at the beach.

My mouth goes dry, my head begins to spin, my stomach feels as though it won't hold my dinner for much longer. I sit back down on my bed, putting my head in my knees as I wait for the world to stop spinning.

I don't know how I'm supposed to tell her. I don't know if I will be able to tell her. I know I have to, but how do you break that kind of news to someone? I can't.

I hear a knock on my door. "Come in."

My mum opens my door, peering in, a wide smile on her face. She looks at me and suddenly loses her smile, her face become concerned. She walks in, coming over to me and placing her hand on my head.

"Are you feeling alright?" She asks me.

"I guess," I tell her, not ready to break the news to her yet.

"You're as pale as a ghost and have a bit of a temperature." She pouts her bottom lip. "You okay to go to school?"

I want to say no, that I can't go to school and that it's best for me to stay home, but I can't avoid it. If I don't face up to it today, I'll just have to do it tomorrow. Besides, Hayden can't get angry at me today. It's my birthday.

"Yeah, I just didn't get a lot of sleep last night." I tell her.

"Okay," she looks down at me, placing a kiss on my forehead. "Happy birthday, baby. You have anything to tell me?"

"No," I tell her, the sudden urge to go throw up returning. "Still the same thing."

She doesn't make me explain any further, she understands what I mean. She rests her hand on my shoulder, squeezing it slightly.

"I'm sorry honey," she speaks softly.

I nod slightly, wanting to change the subject. I want to tell her that I can see colors, that I can see how truly beautiful the world is, but I can't. I don't want to lie to her about Hayden being my soulmate, but I'm also not ready to tell her who my soulmate is.

"I'll see you after work tonight," she speaks.

"Will do," I reply.

She leaves my room, closing the door behind her. I go into my bathroom, tidying up my hair and brushing my tooth. I grab some jeans, a nice top and flannel, getting dressed and making my way downstairs.

My stepdad normally does night shift at the hospitals on Tuesday's, so I'm not surprised to see he's absent from the kitchen table this morning.

I grab my keys and go out to my car. I start the engine, but don't move from the driveway. Instead, I do something I wasn't expecting to do.