Chapter 26

It's been a whole week since everything happened, and I've finally decided to leave the house. It took some time and a lot of courage, but I had Mason with me the whole time. He came over early in the morning, telling me how much he misses me and how I should come back to school.

It made me realise that if he can do it, so can I. We can do it together.

"Do you want to come over to my place tonight so we can catch up on the work?" Mason asks me as we walk down the hallway of school.

I watch as everyone stares at me, sympathy in their eyes. Due to Hayden not having a 'normal' death and there being no body, everyone thinks she's missing. They think that she either ran away or was taken, so now everyone either looks at me like I'm responsible or I'm going through heartbreak. Which I guess both are correct.

"That sounds good," I draw my eyes onto Mason, avoiding everyone else.

We continue making our way to our first class. I look up, my heart stopping when I lock eyes with Theo. I look at Mason, his eyes wide and his face scrunched up with anger. I take his hand, turning us around.

I drag him through the hallway, pushing my way through the groups of people. I drag us into a corner, my heart racing when I look at Mason.

"I thought he didn't go here anymore?" I ask Mason, anger in my voice.

"So, did I!" He yells back, shaking his head. "He hasn't been here since Hayden's death and no one's heard from him, so I just assumed he didn't go here anymore."

"Great assumption," I roll my eyes.

"Can we talk?" I hear his voice.

My eyes divert in his direction. He looks as beautiful as ever. He slowly approaches Mason and I, his hands out in front of him to indicate he's no threat. I look around in panic, trying to find a way to run away from him, but he's cornered us. Or I've cornered us, and Theo's used that to his advantage.

"There's not much to talk about," Mason tells him, tears in his eyes. "You took my soulmate from me and one of my best friends! You're a monster! There isn't anything you can say or do, that's going to make us listen. We're leaving and you're not going to follow us."

Mason is now the one taking my hand. Before we can move, Theo blocks us, grabbing ahold of Mason. I growl slightly, snatching Theo's hand from Mason.

"Don't you dare touch him!" I yell, tightening my grip on his arm. "You got our friends killed and we will never forgive you for tha- "

"I can bring them back," Theo quickly tells us, looking down at my hand.

I watch as blood drips from Theo's arm. I slowly loosen my grip, unsure as to when my claws had come out. He wipes his arm on his shirt, no sign I was ever there.

"Maybe we will listen," Mason tells him.

"What do you mean 'bring them back'?" I ask him.

"The Dread Doctors have this serum in their lab. I need help getting to it though. Turns out, the Dread Doctors also want me dead now. I guess stopping you and protecting you, made them mad." He looks into my eyes, sadness on his face.

Mason scoffs, rolling his eyes. I still haven't told Mason that Theo and I are soulmates. After everything that happened with Corey, I decided it probably wasn't the best idea. Considering he had just lost his soulmate and later turned out that mine was the reason his died.

"We'll help you," I tell him.

"But as soon as Corey and Hayden are back, we're done with you. Just because you're fixing your mistakes, doesn't mean we forgive you." Mason tells him.

I get where Mason is coming from, but it's not that easy for me. After everything Theo did to me, to my friends, I can't help but still love him. I think I always will.

Theo smiles softly, looking from me to Mason. He goes to say something but stops before he can. He takes a deep breath in, nodding slightly.

"Does tonight work for you?" He asks us.

"Yes," Mason answers for the both of us. "Tonight, is perfect."

"I'll pick you up at 7 from Liam's." He tells us, turning away from us.

He walks away, leaving Mason and I alone. I watch as he walks away, my heart hurting as I do so. I want to hate him, I really do, but I can't. I can't seem to bring myself to hate him.

I turn to face Mason when I hear him sniffing. He wipes his cheeks as the tears fall down his face. if it wasn't for the smile on his face, I would think he was sad.

"I get to see him tonight," he laughs slightly. "I get to see Corey again."

I smile with him, embracing him in a hug. I smile at thought of seeing Corey and Hayden again tonight. I get my best friends back tonight, thanks to Theo. I just hope this is enough for people to start forgiving him.

Although I get my friends back tonight, I can't help but still feel sad. I get them back, but I don't get Theo back. No matter what he says or does, I know the pack will never fully forgive him and never fully accept him.

"What was that about?" I jump slightly when Stiles and Scott come up behind us.

"What did he want?" Scott asks us, glaring in Theo's direction.

Mason and I look at one another, unsure what to say. We both know that we can't tell them the truth, because they won't let us go with him and we can't risk that. I know Theo wouldn't lie to me and I know he won't hurt me, so I know he's telling the truth.

"He wanted to apologize," Mason tells them, avoiding their eyes.

If Scott and Stiles knew Mason well, they would easily be able to tell he's lying right now. Mason can never look someone in the eyes when he's lying.

"He wanted our forgiveness," I tell them, making sure they buy our lie. "For obvious reasons."

"Oh," Stiles says, nodding slightly. "Did you forgive him?"

"Of course not!" I snap, shaking my head. "No matter what he does, I will never be able to forgive him."

I try and concentrate on my heart rate as I lie to them. The truth is, I would forgive Theo in a heartbeat. Even though I know I can't, I want to. I want him back in my life, I need him. I miss him, but I would never tell him this. I would never tell anyone this.

I miss him.

"Let us know if he bothers you again," Scott tells me, giving me a sympathetic look.

"Will do," I tell him, smiling.

They both give us a smile before walking off, leaving Mason and I alone once more.

"Ready to get your boyfriend back?" I ask Mason.

"You don't even know how ready I am," he laughs, a wide smile on his face.

We decide to ditch last class and go straight back to my place, getting ready for tonight. I watch as the time goes by, counting down each minute before we leave.

Tonight, is the night that everything will go back to normal.