Chapter 20

Liam's POV:
Its been a little over two weeks since everything happened with the Dread Doctors. It's also been a little over two weeks since I've spoken to Theo. He started avoiding me and ignoring my texts, so I eventually gave up.

Both Corey and Hayden have been doing well. They're stronger and faster than the normal person. Hayden's scar has completely healed, although that did take a few days. A part from that, they're both healthy and seem to be successes.

Hayden and I have become friends, even though it's still slightly awkward between the two of us. Corey is finally speaking to me again and I've been hanging out with Mason a lot more because of it. I feel as though my life is finally going back to how it use to be. I'm just missing one person from it.

The Dread Doctors have gone radio silent. We haven't seen them since that night and haven't heard anything about them. One teen went missing a week ago, but we don't know if it's related to them. It seems to be that a lot of people are moving from away from Beacon Hills. It's almost like they can sense that something is coming.

Something bad.

"Hey you!" Hayden yells out, linking our arms together.

"Hey," I reply, smiling.

Like I said. It's still awkward between the two of us, but we're making it work. We also set some ground rules. We don't talk about soulmates and we only talk about our love lives, if we want to. Helps keep the jealous tension away from one another.

"How was class?" I ask her.

"Honestly, I couldn't concentrate on anything. I think my super hearing is coming in or something, because I could hear everything that was going on outside of the classroom. Did you know that Jessica cheated on David... again?" She tells me, shaking her head.

I laugh slightly. Of course, only Hayden would use supernatural hearing to get all the gossip. It is a good sign though. For her to be developing more skills, it must mean that she's a success and that there's nothing for us to worry about.

"Should we go to the bus bay?" She asks me.

I nod, grabbing her hand and taking her to the bus bay. We look around, making sure no one sees us go back there. We run before anyone catches us, hiding behind a bus. We don't really care if people catch us going back here, they're just going to assume we're here to make-out. It's more so that we don't want Scott and the others to find us going back here.

Ever since Scott was willing to use Hayden as bait, I've been distant with him. Hayden has been telling me everything that's going on with her. If she has any concerns, she comes straight to me. I keep Scott in the loop, but I lie to him from time to time.

Last week, Hayden called me crying. Said she was in pain and couldn't move. I rushed straight over there and helped her through it. I took her pain and helped clean her wound. We could see that it was healing, but slowly. The only positive sign was that her blood was black. We got told that that was a good thing.

I didn't tell Scott about that. I told him that Hayden was doing well and that her wound was slowly healing. I want to trust Scott and tell him everything, but I want to protect Hayden. I don't want her fearing that she's going to be used as bait once again.

I look around, making sure no one could see us. Hayden slowly lifts her shirt, showing me her scar. I smile, seeing that it was almost completely gone. There was still a slight outline, but by tomorrow, it would be completely healed. I embrace her in a hug, a wide smile spreading across my face. She was going to be okay.

"Have you experienced any more pain?" I ask her, watching as she lowered her shirt, unable to look away.

There was no denying that even though she wasn't my soulmate, I still had an attraction towards her. I did once love her as more than a friend and I don't think those feelings just go away over-night. I think a part of me will always love her as more than just a friend.