Chapter 35

It's been a week since everything with Theo and I went down. Scott and the others haven't been keeping me informed on what they plan to do with him, but I like it this way. At least I won't know what's going to happen to him and I won't have the urge to run off and help him. Whatever happens to Theo, I need to accept it.

Since everything went down between us, a lot has happened in Beacon Hills. The Beast is getting stronger and smarter as time goes on. The Dread Doctors finally created their perfect chimera and the scariest part is... we have no idea how to stop this.

The Beast is an ancient creature that was around way before our time and they've somehow discovered a way to bring it back. The only thing we know that may have a chance against it, is Parrish. We got a call from Chris a couple nights ago to let us know something was up with Parrish.

He ended up following him to the hospital, only to discover that the beast and the hellhound have some sort of a connection. They ended up having a fight and destroying the 8th floor at the hospital and half of the high school.

That was also the first and only night that we saw the beast. Since that night, we still haven't seen or heard about the beast. It's like it just disappeared.

We did find something though. At the hospital, we found a bloody shoeprint. It was roughly about a size nine and from what we could tell, it was a men's shoe. We suspect it could be someone at school, so we've been on alert, trying to find anyone who's been acting strange.

Theo now also has his own little pack. With Hayden, Tracey and Corey all in it. Tracey and Theo also seem to be closer than I would like them to be. I know I have no right to be jealous, but I am. I also seem to catch them when they're whispering to one another, laughing and smiling at each other. And I can't help but feel jealous of how he looks at her. He should be looking at me like that. But he's not.

I slam my locker door as I catch Theo and Tracey laughing with one another. She leans on him slightly, looking into his eyes as she does so.

I storm outside, sitting down at the table with the others. I pull out my lunch and begin to aggressively eat it, watching as Theo and Tracey walk outside, taking a seat at the table across the yard. I keep an eye on them, my heart sinking as they continue to talk to each other, leaning in on each other.

"Don't worry about Liam," Malia whispers, looking over at Theo. "He'll be back where he belongs soon."

I shoot her a worried look, unsure what she means by 'he'll be back where he belongs'. Where is it that Theo belongs? Have Scott and the others decided to send him back to hell? I did tell Scott that it was up to him, but can I really allow that to happen?

"Do you know when to shut up?" Isaac asks her, shaking his head.

"Why do you even care about all of this so much?" Stiles asks him. "You never want to help make decisions, but now that it's come to the whole Theo situation, you've been nothing but helpful."

Isaac stares at Stiles, clenching his jaw as he does so. I know exactly why Isaac has been mine and Theo's side since day one, and I know it's been hard for him. I know he also doesn't want me to go through what he's going through and I will forever appreciate Isaac for that.

Isaac doesn't say anything back to Stiles. He goes completely silent, staring up at Scott with sadness in his eyes. I feel bad for Isaac. I don't know how he can go every day, keeping a secret like that from his best friend. Sometimes the universe can be cruel, and Isaac is the prime example of that.

"You're a jerk sometimes," I tell Stiles, rolling my eyes as I get up and leave.

I throw my lunch in the bin, entering the hallway as I look for Mason and Corey. I clench my fist as I think about Stiles and Malia and how insensitive they are to this whole situation. I've never liked the way Stiles has treated Isaac and I hate the way that Malia still hasn't adapted to these sorts of situations.

Of course, they're still two of my best friends, but I just can't be around them with these types of situations.

I enter the cafeteria, looking around for Mason and Corey. I feel a smile spread across my face as I spot them in the corner, whispering amongst one another. I approach them, making my presence known so I don't interrupt a private conversation.

"Sit down, we need to talk." Mason tells me, whispering as he looks around paranoid.

I furrow my eyebrows, sitting down. Mason leans into the middle of the table, making sure no one else can hear us.

"It's about the beast. Corey and I have come up with an idea to try to find out who it is," Mason tells me, smiling slightly. "At the game, we should search people's shoes for all signs of blood. You can try and smell it, Corey and I will search the bus and check everyone's shoes, someone can check the stands and the others can play the game."

I watch as a proud smile spreads across his face as he tells me the plan they came up with. I sit there, thinking the plan over in my head. It's good plan, a really good plan indeed, but it will need some changes to it. Firstly, both Stiles and I can't be out of the game... that won't work. Secondly, I already know Scott won't want me doing that by myself, just in case I do find the beast, and something goes wrong. He would never forgive himself if something happened to me.

"That could work. It's a really good plan, Mas. I'll let Scott know about it," I tell him, patting him on the shoulder.

He smiles as I praise him for his good idea. Mason and Corey go back to talking whilst I sit there, admiring them and despising them for the relationship they have. I want what they have. And I know who I want it with, but I can't have it. I can't have what they have, and I will never be able to have what they have.

My ears perk up slightly as I hear a familiar laugh coming from the hallway. I turn around slowly, already knowing who it's coming from. I stare at Tracey as she laughs, Theo next to her, smiling as she does so. I get up abruptly, staring at them as they look over at me.

I feel the tears threatening to leave my eyes, but the last I want is to cry in front of Theo. I called it off with him, I can't allow him to see the hold he still has on. I grab my bag from the floor and storm off, the anger and jealousy rising.

I ball my hands into fist, breathing in and out slowly, trying to contain my anger. I think about Tracey laughing at Theo, putting her hand all over him, being close to him, the way he looks at her, the way he smiles when she laughs... the way it should be me with him. Not her.

I wipe the tear as it falls down my cheek. I take a deep breath in, shaking my head as I try to forget about it all. In order for me to move on with my life, I need to move on from Theo. I need to get over him and move on with my life.

If I don't, it's going to slowly destroy me. It already is.