Chapter 19

I take Liam and Hayden back to Scott's house, making sure they're both safe. I pull into Scott's driveway, looking review mirror, to see both Liam and Hayden asleep. They rest on one another, looking peaceful.

I turn around, placing my hand on Liam's knee, slightly shaking him to wake up. He wakes up suddenly, jumping as he looks around frantically, his heart racing. Hayden wakes up along with him, her eyes wide with fear.

"It's okay," I whisper, grabbing his hand. "Where at Scott's place, you're safe."

I can't imagine what must be going on inside their minds right now. I know what the Dread Doctors are capable of, and I know how ruthless they can be. Liam's arms still hasn't completely healed and there's still black blood stained on his arm. Hayden still winces every once in a while, when she moved in a certain way, but she still to be doing better.

Maybe she'll be another success like me.

I help them both out of the car. Throwing Hayden's arm over my shoulder, as she was still too weak to support herself. I walk slowly, making sure to reduce any pain she might be feeling.

As soon as we enter the house, Lydia and Stiles throw themselves at Liam, embracing him in a tight hug. Lydia takes Hayden from me, placing her on the couch. She offers her some water and something to eat, which Hayden denies. Lydia hands her a spare shirt and takes her to the bathroom to clean her up.

"How are you feeling?" Stiles asks Liam, finally letting him go. "Scott and the others are on their way back now."

"I'm just really tired. I'm more so worried about Hayden though," Liam tells him, tears forming in his eyes. "Can you just make sure Lydia is alright with her?"

Stiles nods, giving Liam another quick hug before going into the bathroom. I stand at the doorway, my eyes softening as I stare at Liam, watching the tears fall down his cheek. He wipes them away, turning to face me, smiling.

"I just wanted to say thank you," he slowly approaches me. "I don't know how you found us, but I will be forever grateful that you did."

I gives me a hug, holding me tightly. I hug him back, only just noticing the height difference between the two of us. Although it wasn't by a lot, I was taller than Liam. We hold each other tightly, neither one of us wanting to let go.

The only reason we pull away from one another is because we hear footsteps approaching us. We let go, standing beside one another as Hayden comes into the room. Her eyes are red and puffy from crying. She looked cleaner though.

She ran over to Liam, embracing him in a hug. She glances over at me, nodding with a small smile. I nod back, knowing that was her way of thanking me. They go and sit down on the couch, snuggling up to one another. I feel slightly jealous as I watch them, but I push aside that feeling.

I know that I shouldn't be feeling like this, but I do. I hate that I care for Liam, when I'm going to be the one who hurts him in the end. No matter what I try and do, he's going to get hurt. I can't prevent that.

I sit down on the couch opposite them, watching Liam intensely. I listen to his heart rate, making sure it was still beating. It slowly slightly, indicating that he was now asleep. I stand up, grabbing a blanket and throwing it over Liam and Hayden.

I turn my attention to the front door as it swings open. Scott runs into the living room, with face lighting up with relief as he looks at Liam. He walks over to, embracing me in a hug.

"Thank you," he says. "I don't know how you found them but thank you."

"Anytime," I tell him.

Scott approaches Liam quickly, resting his arm on his shoulder. The connection between an alpha and his beta is almost unbreakable. You can clearly see it with Scott and Liam, the connection they have. Scott would do anything for Liam, just like Liam would do anything for Scott.