Chapter 36

(^^^ the actual love of my life </3)

Considering what happened at lunch today, I don't know how exactly I'm supposed to be getting home. Normally I would catch a ride with Stiles, but I don't know how open he would be to the whole situation, with how I reacted and stormed off on them.

The thing with Stiles is, he's either going to get over it straight away or hold a grudge until he's ready to move on. And 90% of the time... he chooses to hold a grudge.

I open up my locker, grabbing out the books that I'll need for tonight, even though I already know I won't be using them. I like the idea of taking home books with the intention of studying, even though I never do.

"We're just friends by the way," I hear a voice beside me say.

I roll my eyes as I turn around and see Theo leaning against the lockers beside me. I slam my locker closed, staring at Theo with anger and hatred. I raise my eyebrows, acting as though I have no idea what he's talking about.

"Tracey and I, we're nothing more than friends. Just in case you wanted to know," he tells me.

"I don't care what you and Tracey are Theo. You're not my problem anymore," I tell him, trying to come off as harsh and cold as possible, even though a wave of relief rushed through me.

I shouldn't care if Theo and Tracey are a thing, he's not my boyfriend or anything anymore. I shouldn't care what they are, and it annoys me that I do. It annoys me that no matter what Theo does, a part of me will always seem to care about him.

"It's just, you smell kind of jealous. Especially when you were in the cafeteria," he tells me, his voice softening as he does so. "I just wanted you to know, that's all."

"Again, I don't care what you do Theo." I lie to him, shrugging my shoulders. "You and Tracey can be whatever you guys want to be."

He nods slightly, a sad look now in his eyes as he stares at the floor. He goes to say something else but walks off before he does. I watch as he walks away from me, my heart aching as he does.

I try to swallow the lump in my throat, blinking rapidly to avoid the tears that threatened to leave my eyes. I take a deep breath in, laughing slightly as I think about how pathetic and stupid, I'm being. I shouldn't care as much as I do, and I hate myself for still caring.

Theo has broken my trust multiple times, he's hurt me and my friends' multiple times, he's broken multiple promises. I shouldn't care about him anymore.

"Are you okay?" Stiles rushes over to me, a concerned look on his face. "What was that all about anyways?"

I look up at Stiles, shaking my head. Whether he actually cares about me or not, I'm not going to tell Stiles what happened. I already know what he thinks about Theo and I'm not going to allow him to use this against me.

"I'm fine, it was nothing." I lie, grabbing my bag and heading towards the car park.

I make my way towards Stiles' car, giving him no choice in the matter of taking me home. He stops at his car, taking a deep breath as he looks at me. I turn away from his eyes, refusing to tell him what happened.

"You need to talk about it, Liam." He tells me, finally unlocking his car.

"It was nothing. Just move on from it, Stiles." I snap at him, getting in the car.

"It clearly wasn't nothing. Theo is manipulative and a bad person. Just don't forget about that," he tells me, starting the engine.

I roll my eyes, looking out the window. The worse part about all of this is, they don't know Theo like I do. They don't know his sensitive side, his caring side, the side of Theo that I got to know. They just know him as the person who worked with the dread doctors. The person who wanted to kill them. The person who is evil and will never change.

I saw the good in Theo and I saw how hard he was trying to change. Sadly, it just wasn't enough. But they never got to see that, and I don't think they ever will. They never got to see the Theo I saw. They never really gave him a chance either.

Stiles never stopped believing that Theo was the bad guy, and that influenced the others opinion. Scott wanted to give him a chance, but he also values Stiles' opinion over anyone else's. In the end... I guess Sties was technically right. Theo always was the bad guy.

Stiles pulls up to my house, a sad look on his face as I turn to face him. He goes to open his mouth to say something but stops.

"Thanks for the ride," I say bluntly, getting out of the car.

I stop at the front door, turning back to see Stiles looking at me, the same sad look still plastered on his face. I roll my eyes, unlocking the door. I get inside, slamming the front door shut and storming off to my room.

I throw my bag beside my door and lay down on my bed. I place my arm over my eyes, taking a deep breath in, trying to process everything that happened today. I sit up on the edge of my bed, wiping the tears that managed to fall down my cheek.

I get off the bed, walking over to the cupboard to get out my things for tonight. I grab my lacrosse jersey and throw it onto my bed. I look for my pants, going through my draws to find them. I pull out a shirt, something falling out of it as I do so.

I look down at the polaroid photo on the ground, my heart dropping as I pick it up. I look down at the photo, my heart racing.

I look at the smile on mine and Theo's face. Real, genuine smiles. I small smile spreads across my face as I look at it and remember the day, we took the photo.

I hold it in my hand, the anger slowly rising in me. I slowly scrunch up the photo, ripping it into pieces. I yell as I throw it into the bin, the pain and anger building up inside.

"I hate you," I whisper, looking down at the photo. "I really hate that I still love you."

I take a deep breath in, looking in the mirror. A small smile spreads across my face as I realise something. I don't care about Theo anymore. I can't care about him if I want to move on and live a happy life.

Theo may be my soulmate, but I don't need him. Not anymore.