Chapter 24

I run through the hospital, my heart racing as I push open the doors. My chest tightens as I run into the room Hayden's in. I see her on the table, her once tanned skin now pale, her eyes closed. I run over to the table, taking her hand in mine.

I close my eyes, trying to take her pain. She can't be dead. Mason just said that to get me to stop, there's no way she's dead. She's just weak and in too much pain to open her eyes. I know Hayden, she's too strong to die like this. I wasn't there for her when she needed me, but I'm here now.

"Hayden," I whisper, brushing her hair from her face. "Hayden, I'm here now. You can wake up."

My bottom lip quivers as I slowly let go of her hand. I listen for her heartbeat, my heart dropping when I don't hear it... not even faintly. The realization slowly hits me that Mason wasn't lying.

I put one arm under her legs and the other under back, slowly lifting her off the table. I slowly fall to the ground, bringing Hayden with me. I hold her tightly, the tears streaming down my face.

"I'm here now," I tell her. "I'm here now and I'm not going anywhere."

I bring her closer to me, crying into her chest. I take in her scent, knowing this will be the last time I can do so. I hold her tightly, not wanting to move from the position.

I hear footsteps approach us. Before I even look up to see who it is, I already know who's coming. The scent of fire gives it away. I look up, my eyes tearing up as Parrish enters the room. There's not a single thought before his eyes.

I hug Hayden tightly once more, placing a kiss on her forehead before allowing Parrish to take her away. I slowly loosen my grip on Hayden, letting out a shaky breath as Parrish takes her from me. I begin to cry again as I watch them leave.

I bring my knees to my chest, holding myself tightly as the tears fall down my face. I lost her. I lost Hayden and now I don't know what to do. I lost one of my best friends and someone who I love dearly.

My mind starts to wonder to Theo, which triggers a memory from before. Something that both Scott and Theo said. Not only was Theo acting strange, but he also said something like, 'I can't do this'. Scott also asked me if Theo let me in, which I didn't pay attention to at first, but now it's intrigued me.

I get up, wiping the tears from my cheeks. I run through the hospital corridors once more, running into the waiting room. I see Stiles sitting there, his hands shaking, his face also stained with tears.

I want to ask him what's wrong, but I need to find Theo. I need to find out what he meant.

I run out into the parking lot, trying to think about where he would be. I ran all the way to the hospital, so I don't even have a car to drive where I need to go. I take a deep breath in and begin to run.

I feel the wind on my face as I pick up speed, trying to stay away from the light. People won't be used to seeing a teenager out run a speeding car. I don't stop running until I get back to the school. I run to the library, my heart racing as I see the mess I created.

I look at all the broken furniture, at the blood-stained floors. I look around at all the books on the ground, my eyes filling with tears once more.

"It doesn't help it was a super moon," I hear his voice come from behind me.

I turn around to see Theo standing there, placing the books back on the shelve. He doesn't look at me, he just continues to place the books back where they belong.

"What did you mean?" I ask him, unsure if I want the answer or not.

"Liam," he whispers, placing a book onto the shelf. "You need to understand something first and I need you to listen."

"Just tell me what you meant," I snap.

"My sister didn't just die from hyperthermia. Her heart was removed, which was then placed in me." His voice his shaky and uneven, filled with nerves. "I was their first success. I was the first successful chimera."

"No," I say, shaking my head, my eyes filling with tears. "Stiles was right."

"I moved back here not only to be a part of the pack, but to lead the pack. Ever since I came back here, I've been trying to get the power of a true alpha, the power that Scott holds. I never thought I would meet you, my soulmate. You weren't a part of the plan, but I tried to work around it. I tried to stay to my plan, with minimal fall out between you and I. This whole time, I've been working with the Dread Doctors to try and gain Scott's powers." He tells me, tears falling down his face.

He takes a step towards me, causing me to walk back a step. The last thing I want right now is to be anywhere near him. This whole time he's been with the Dread Doctors, plotting behind my back, planning on killing my friends, my Alpha. I know only moments before I was trying to kill Scott, but I never would've been able to.

Even if I have little to no control over my anger, I know when enough is enough. Or at least I hope I do.

"Stiles was right this entire time," I tell him, shaking my head. "I never should've trusted you. You knew what was going to happen to Corey and Hayden, yet you did nothing."

"Liam, you need to understand this; you were never meant to get hurt." He tells me, his voice breaking.

"Well, I already did." I tell him, refusing to look him in the eyes.

I turn away from him and begin to walk outside, unsure what to do. I want to yell at Theo, I want to hurt him, but I can't. Even though he's hurt me worse than I could ever imagine, I can't bring myself to hate him.

"Please don't leave!" I hear him call out as I walk outside, leaving him before.

"Goodbye, Theo." I whisper, making my way to my car.

I drive out of the school, making my way back home. I arrive at home, my heart aching when I see no cars in the driveway. The one thing I wanted to do when I got home, was go to my Mom and break down in her arms. But she's not here.

I get inside, placing my jacket of the coat hanger. I make my way up the stairs, entering my bedroom. I close the door behind me, locking it to ensure no one will disturb me.

I look over at my desk, looking down at the photo of Hayden, Mason, Corey and I. I hold the photo in my hands, a tear falling down onto the frame. I scream, throwing the photo at the door. I watch as the glass smashes, scattering across the ground.

I look down at my hands and clothes, the once fresh, red blood now dried and a deep brown. I take off my shirt, going into my bathroom. I turn the shower on, getting undressed as I enter the shower.

I begin to scrub my hands, watching as the water turns a light red color. I scrub harder and harder, trying to get every last drop of blood off me. I continue scrubbing, watching as my hands turn red from scrubbing. I let out another scream, punching the wall.

I shake my hand off as the pain shoots through my arm. I hold my arm close to my body, the pain an oddly satisfying feeling. I slowly slide down the wall, the hot water hitting my skin.

I pull my knees to my chest, holding myself tightly. I let out a whimper, crying into my hands once again. I'm surprised I still have tears left to cry. After all the crying I've done in the past few hours, I didn't think it would be possible to continue going, yet here I am.

One thing I've realised is that after tonight, I've lost everyone and now I have no one left.