Chapter 06

After finding out that I was 16 and still unable to see color, I couldn't move for a solid 10 minutes. I told Stiles I was running late, and he wasn't all too impressed. I didn't want to tell him the actual reason as to why, or at least not over text. That's more of a face-to-face conversation you have with someone.

I pull up beside Stiles' car, turning off the car and making my way over to Stiles. He starts walking off before I can get to him. I jog to catch up to him, frowning as I walk beside him.

He hasn't even asked me yet. He hasn't asked me the question almost everyone is dying to ask someone who's just turned 16. It's almost like he just expects me to be able to see color.

"Quick question," I whisper. "How am I supposed to find Theo, when I don't even know what he smells like?"

Stiles stops walking, looks at me and nods slightly. Clearly, he didn't think through everything, considering I normally need a scent to track down someone.

"I didn't think of that," he admits. "Surely you can pick up his scent. I mean, there's only been one other person out here tonight."

"I mean, I guess I can, but I'm not as advanced as Scott or any other werewolf. I kind of need a scent to begin with," I tell Stiles.

"Starting to think I should've brought Isaac along," he shakes his head, continuing walking.

My mouth opens with shock, taking that insult to heart. I thought Stiles would've been nicer to me, considering it is my birthday and everything. I roll my eyes and close my eyes, taking a deep breath in, focusing on all the smells surrounding me.

I can smell the damp grass, the mint gum in Stiles' hoodie, the flowers surrounding us, and a faded scent of collogue. I begin to sniff the air as though I was a dog, taking short, fast sniffs.

I pick up on the collogue scent, following it to the best of my ability. I lose it, but find it again, picking up the speed before I lose it again. I close my eyes, hoping to help advance my ability to track the scent.

Before I know it, I'm falling. It wasn't a far fall, but it was far enough to scare me. I open my eyes with shock, my heart racing as I look at the man-sized hole I managed to fall into. I place my hand over my heart, trying to stop it from beating out of my chest.

I look up, watching as Stiles looks down at me, throwing his hands in the air as he shakes his head.

"What are you doing?" He whispers aggressively.

"What do you mean? Clearly I didn't do it on purpose." I tell him, getting more aggressive than him.

I grab my phone out, turning on my flash and looking around the hole. Something shiny catches my eye. I flash the light on it, seeing that it was a necklace. I pick it up, examining it. It was the shape of a leaf.

It was dainty, but it looked expensive. I hold it up, admire it, watching as it spun around in mid-air.

"Liam get up here and stop mucking around," I hear Stiles say.

I drop the necklace back in the hole, pushing off with all the strength I had, jumping out of the hole. I land on my knees and hand, looking up and Stiles.

"Show off," he rolls his eyes.

I growl slightly, getting fed up with Stiles. I unclench my jaw, trying to relax myself before I lash out on him.

"So, what's it like?" Stiles asks me.

"What's what like?" I ask, confused.

"See color and all that. Is it what you expected?" He asks me, nudging me slightly with a small smile on his face.