Chapter 04

Rip to my beautiful baby boy. 14 years with you and I couldn't have asked for a better dog. May you Rest In Peace 🤍🕊

——————————————————-

I open my eyes, adjusting to the sunlight coming through the window. I look to my side, smiling as Hayden lays there, still in a deep sleep.

I slowly get out of bed, trying my best to not wake her. I grab a shirt and some pants off the ground, putting them on and going downstairs.

I hear voices coming from the kitchen, indicating that my parents were home. I enter the kitchen, embracing them both in a tight hug. My mum kisses my cheek before going back to her book.

I open the fridge, looking for something to eat or something to cook for Hayden and me. I grab some eggs and bacon and begin cooking them.

I hear something upstairs, listening in as I hear Hayden moving around. I hear her phone unlock, her fingers tapping the screen as she texts someone. I turn my attention back to the eggs, plating them up and setting them down on the table.

"Morning," I hear Hayden's croaky voice.

"Good sleep?" I ask her, quickly placing a kiss on her forehead.

"Hello Hayden," my mum puts down her book, a welcoming smile on her face.

"Morning Mrs. Dunbar," Hayden sits down at the table, having a conversation with my mum whilst eating her breakfast.

I sit there, zoning out completely as I look at the date on my phone. I turn 16 in less than 24 hours. I find out tomorrow if Hayden really is my soulmate, or if I still haven't found them yet. In less than 24 hours, I get to either see in color or continue on having to see the world in black and white.

My whole life can completely change tomorrow, and I don't know if I've prepared for it. Whenever I have doubt or think about the worse, someone is always there to tell me not to worry and that Hayden and I are soulmates, because there's no way we aren't.

But what happens if we're not? Sure, we may love one another, and a lot and we have been through a lot, but that doesn't mean we were made for each other.

"What do you think, Liam?" My mum asks me, pulling me back into reality.

"What was that sorry?" I ask.

"What do you think about Hayden coming with us this year on our family holiday?" She asks me.

Both my parents adore Hayden. They loved her from the moment I brought her home. They think she's extremely sweet and well-mannered and they got along with her instantly. It was nice to see, and it make me feel like I was the luckiest person on this Earth.

So many people have told me about how their parents didn't like their partner and how it caused them to break up. I was beyond happy that my parents approved and got along with Hayden. It's probably one of the main reasons why it was so easy for us to date.

I push my breakfast aside, my appetite nowhere to be found.

"I love the sound of that," I force a smile.

Hayden goes back to the conversation with my mum, leaving me to zone out once more. Before I can get deep into thought again, I feel my phone vibrate.

Stiles:

Meet in the usual spot before school. I have new proof on Theo.

Isaac:
I do have better things to be doing, but I guess I can be there.