Chapter 22

I wake up to my phone ringing, the sound filling my room. I look at the time; 12:05am. I roll over slowly, looking at the name, my heart racing when I see Hayden's name on the screen. I sit up frantically, answering the phone.

I wait for her to speak, but all she does is cry into the phone. I get out of bed in a panic, running around my room looking for my keys. I was already dressed when I went to bed, so I didn't need to worry about getting dressed.

"Hayden? Hayden, what's going on?" I ask her, already having a good idea what was wrong.

"They're coming for me, Liam." She cries into the phone, her voice shaky. "I'm at work and they're here. I'm next."

My heart drops when she says the words out loud. "I'm leaving now. Whatever you do, don't go outside. Find a spot and stay hidden."

I grab my keys, running down the stairs. Hayden continues crying into the phone before hanging up. I send an SOS to the group chat, letting them know to go to Hayden's work.

"Liam," I hear my Mum's voice. "Sweetie, what are you doing?"

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake up. I really need to go, Hayden needs me!" I call out to her, running outside before she could ask any more questions.

I run out to the car, starting it up and speeding off down the street. I bit the inside of my mouth, anxiety slowly creeping up on me. I don't slow down until I finally reach Hayden's work, a wave of relief rushing over me when I was Scott's motorbike and Stiles' Jeep already out of the front.

I get out of the car, not bothering to stop it, running inside. I look around at what was happening, everyone was already here, and I mean everyone. Malia and Isaac were taking on one of the Dread Doctors, whilst Scott was taking on the other two.

I search around the room, smiling slightly when I find Hayden. Kira was standing in front of her, protecting Hayden, her Katana at the ready.

I run over to help out Scott. I run up to one of the Dread Doctors, kicking with all my strength. I watch as he stumbles slightly, but not nearly as much as I thought he would. They're strong, a lot stronger than us and we all knew that.

We're out numbered and there's no way we're going to beat them, but we're not going down without a fight. I watch as both Malia and Isaac crash down to the floor, both groaning as they get back up.

One of the Dread Doctors starts making their way towards Hayden, her eyes filling with fear. Malia and Isaac get up in an instant, grabbing the Dread Doctor, pulling her away from Hayden.

Scott and I charge at the Dread Doctor in front of us, trying to pin him to the ground, but there was no way that was going to happen.

"Get Hayden out of here!" Scott yells at me, throwing a punch, clearly hurting himself more than he hurt the Dread Doctor.

I hesitate slightly, not wanting to leave Scott. I let out of the Dread Doctor, running towards Hayden. Kira holds up her Katana, blocking a hit from one of the Dread Doctors. She goes in and joins in on the fight, leaving Hayden and I alone.

I grab Hayden hand, turning around to make sure everyone was okay. I notice there was an extra person here now. Theo had come, but I never saw him enter. He stands in the corner with one of the Dread Doctors, yelling as he tries to fight them off.

He looks mad at them, almost hurt. I try to listen into their conversation, but it was almost impossible to focus on it with everything that was going on.

"We need to go, now!" I yell, taking Hayden's hand and running off with her. We enter the backroom but stop instantly when one of the Dread Doctors stands in front of us. He grabs my arms, throwing me off Hayden.