Chapter 29

I shift slightly as I slowly wake up, adjusting the sun as it peers through my curtains, indicating that it was morning. I turn to check the time; 10:28am. I rest my head back down, taking in an unfamiliar scent.

I turn to face Theo, smiling as he lay there, peacefully. I admire his facial structure, the way his hair falls onto his face. I lay there in his arms, admiring him as he sleeps. I slowly lift my hand to his face, tracing the outline on his face once more.

The sun covers part of his face, lighting up his tanned skin. I lean in closer to him, wrapping my arm around him. I focus my hearing on the household, making sure it was just Theo and I home. By the sounds of the silence, it was.

I feel Theo shift slightly, taking a deep breath in before slowly opening his eyes. He covers his eyes with his hand, squinting as the sun peers in. I look up at him, smiling as he slowly removes his hand, looking down at me. He smiles back, before closing his eyes once more.

He pulls me closer to him, rubbing my back softly. I can't stop staring at him and admiring his beauty. He finally opens his eyes again, rolling onto his side to look me in the eyes.

"Morning," he finally croaks out. "How was your sleep?"

"It was actually really nice," I tell him. "One of the best ones I've had in a long time. What about you?"

"Besides the dead arm," he jokes, waving the arm I had been lying on all night and still continue to lay on. "It was a really good sleep."

After that, we don't say much else. We just lay there, in one another's embrace. I rest my head on Theo's chest, listening to his heartbeat. I tap my finger on his chest with each beat, smiling as his heart skips a beat.

"Can we just stay like this forever?" He asks me, resting his chin on the top of my head. "We can just forget about everything and everyone else and just stay like this."

I smile at the thought of that. Staying with him like this, for the rest of time. It would make everything a lot simpler. At least that way we won't have to deal with the pack and their opinions. I can already tell what they would think about it.

Although they would want me to be happy, they would never accept that it would be with Theo. After everything he's done... I don't know if they will ever trust him. I will respect their opinion no matter what, but I need them to give Theo another chance. He deserves a second chance.

"Do you think they'll trust me?" Theo asks me, a sad look on his face.

"I don't know. I really don't know," I tell him, staring into his eyes. "I know Scott will try to. He'll give you a second chance, especially because you saved his life and stopped me from killing him."

"Yeah, but it was my fault that happened in the first place." He reminds me.

I had forgotten that it was Theo who was responsible for all that. I know Scott and I know that he will be willing to give Theo another chance. That's who he is and it's what he stands for. Theo could've let me kill Scott, Theo could've killed Scott himself, but he didn't. Scott will recognize that, I'm sure of it.

"Scott is a forgiving person," I reassure him. "I don't know about the others though. I'm sure once you prove yourself to them, they will forgive you. It may take some time, but it'll be worth it. I promise."

He nods slightly, smiling as he looks down at my lips. I turn my head away from him, the temptation to kiss him, stronger than ever.

"I know what to do," he tells me. "To get them to trust me, I'll tell them the Dread Doctor's plan. I'll help figure out how to stop them and I know what they want. If I tell your pack, it'll show them who's side I'm on."