Chapter 1 "Before we forgot"

It was all dimly lit. The sleeping barracks was quiet, the only sound being heard was of some doctors walking around in the corridors. It was almost nine at night. Meaning most kids were asleep. But you weren't, the littel eleven year old you were sitting on the floor in your dorm. Waiting patiently for two special people. While doing so you tried out the new techniques on your telekinesis. It was a power of yours that was a malfunction after the brain surgery all of you kids got. It had shocked the doctors when it happened but Ava Paige took it upon herself to get you to know your power how to control it.
You moved your fingers and hands in constant motions to make sure the cubes you got to train on keept in the air. It was hard as your hands cramped at times from the constant movements, but you had to learn. That's what Ava Paige said. You all trusted her.

Out in the corridor two small boys made their way down it. The dark haired boy making sure no one saw them as the dirty blond stayed hidden. It was all worth it in the end. All the work just to see you or any other of their friends. As the coast cleared they ran fast as lightning. When they reached the door that belonged to your dorm they stopped. Looking around for any doctors or other workers at the facility.
"Everything seems clear!" The dark haired boy told the blond. The blond knocked on your door. You lost concentration on the cubes, making them fall to the ground. But you knew who it was. Standing up quickly you ran up to the door. Opening it to see Thomas and Newt, your close friends.

"Come in before miss Ava sees!" You ushered the two boys in, only the blond going inside.
"Sorry, I gotta go." Thomas told you. You pouted but understood. He sneeked of and you closed the door.
"Newt!" You smiled and hugged the boy. He smiled an hugged you back, no hesitation.
"Where were you? You didn't come and meet up with the others." He asked as you let go from the hug.
"Miss Ava wanted me to take classes to control my power after dinner so it won't come between anything else." You explained to him while walking over to the cubes and picking them up. He nodded and followed you. Going to sit on your bed. For being eleven the two of you and the others were quite smart. Almost every night you meet up with your other friends. Alby, Minho, Teresa and Thomas. You'd sneeked out almost every other night and meet up. Doing all kinds of fun, without getting caught of course.

"Show me what you've learnt!" Newt sat on your bed. You sighed and put down your cubes.
"Fine, but don't do any sudden movements." You glared at him, he held up his hands in defense. You took deep breath. Then focused in all your power on the cubes, starting to do movements with your hands and fingers to make them float up in the air. You bit your tongue to constentrate. Newt watched in amazement as you controlled the cubes perfectly.
"Okey that enough for one night." You sighed as the cubes fell to the floor with some thuds.
"You've gotten better!" Newt smiled as you sat next to him. You smiled back at him, he was your best friend.
"How's Lizzy? Did you see her?" You then remembered, you loved Lizzy. She was like a sister to you and Newt's sister.
"No.., but she seems fine. I just hope to see her soon." He looked up at you. The two of you then began to joke around.

Laughter echoed through the corridors as Ava made her way to check on all of you. Making sure you were in bed. But to her it was obvious that two people weren't. She had just finished signing some papers, about the finds so far and some on your development with your powers. She looked in the windows to the dorms she passed to see most of the kids either asleep or up reading. But as she closed in on the laughter she sighed. She knew where it came from. It was not the first time she'd caught you and Newt.

You and Newt were calming down from your fit of laughter when the sound of heels against the floor made the to of you quiet down.
"It's miss Ava! Hide hide!" You pushed Newt of the bed. He ran over to hide behind the bookshelf in your dorm. Just then the door opened. You had gotten down under to covers to pretend to be asleep. Ava looked inside the room, a sigh escaping her lips.
"Newt, come here. Time for bed." She told. Newt went out from hiding, head hanging low. You sat up, feeling defeated.
"Sorry miss Ava." You and Newt said to her.
"Last warning." She simply told you as she walked out with Newt. Newt looked back inside before the door closed.
"Night (y/n)!" He called, the door then surging in his face.