Chapter 5 "Nightmare night"

Everyone stood at the doors. The dark maze in front of all of you. It was quiet. No one said a word and no notice came form the maze. The only sound were of eveyone breathing or of the glade. The maze were dark, the vines rustling a littel at the small puffs of wind going through the maze. It felt like a second were a minute, a minute were an hour and an hour a day. But you'd only been waiting by the doors for ten minutes. Dinner had just ended and that was the last straw for eveyone. The should be back by dinner, they always were. But when they didn't come back eveyone went over to the maze doors.

"Can't we send anyone to go and look for them?" Thomas turned and asked Newt. You crossed your arms impatiently.
"We can't, it's against the rules." Gally spoke from where he were crouched down on the ground, waiting.
"We can't risk loosing any one else.." Newt then explaind. You stood on the other side of Gally, keeping your gaze in the maze. Shifting your eyes from left to right where the long corridor of the maze for the first time split in two.
"(y/n)? You're in charge, you not gonna do anything?" Thomas asked in disbelief as you'd been quiet the while time. You swallowed hard and just keept your eyes in the maze. The doors then started to very slowly close. Moving about and inch every thirty seconds. But it was still about 22 feet left until they were completely closed.

As the doors started to speed up to close some grunts and sound of frustration came from within the maze.
"There!" Thomas pointed out the head of Minho coming around the corner.
"Wait hold on, something's wrong!" Newt exclaimed as Minho put who looked to be Alby on his back and started to move towards the doors. "Come on Minho you can do it!!" Chuck yelled as the other boys tasted to cheer for him to move. "You gotta leave him!" "Mive Minho!" The boys all screamed different things and you noticed Minho getting more frustrated. You thought for a split second. The doors were about thirteen feet until they were closed. You did an awful decision...
You sprinted away from the group of boys into the maze. "(Y/N)?!" "WHAT THE SHUCK ARE YOU DOING?!" "GET BACK!" The gladers screamed at you. But you ran over into the maze. Quickly getting over to Minho and Alby. You grabbed Alby's arm and threw if over your shoulder, Minho taking the other side.
"I'll kill you if we survive!" Minho yelled at you.
"Shut it shuck face!" You retorted as the two of you came closer to the doors. All of the boys yelled for the two of you.

"Their not gonna make it" Newt said so just Thomas heard. Thomas looked at the walls. Slowly he started to lean forward and keept an close eye at you and Minho. He then sat of. "Thomas!" "THOMAS NO!?" They all yelled as he ran into the maze. Making him way over to the two of you with Alby. The doors were now about six feet apart from closing for the night. Thomas went over and helped you and Minho pick Alby up. You all as quickly as you could made your way to the doors.
Just as the doors were close to close the three of you pushed Alby through the doors. Making him get through the door and get pushed into the other boys who catched him. Then with a thud the doors closed.
"No!" Newt called out as he heard the thud and only saw your and Minho's face before the doors closed. All of the boys stand in shock as they look at the doors. They've put Alby on the ground, Jeff and Clint were looking over him.
"Newt, mate?" Gally walk up to Newt. Newt clenched his fist hard, starring right at the wall.
"Damn it! ARGH GOD DAMN IT!" He wall up to the door and bangs his fist at it. All of the boys flinch as his sudden tone of voice and his bangs on the wall. It wasn't like him. He keept his fists clenched on the wall, leaning his forehead against the doors.

-----

Newt stood in the medshack looking at Alby. Alby was still passed out but it'd been confirmed he was stung..
"We'll keep and eye at him during the night" Jeff told Newt who just looked at Alby, not emotions showing on hsi face. It had only been about two hour since the doors closed. But it felt like an eternity for Newt.
"They're gonna make it back." Clint tried to lighten up Newt's bad mood.
"No one has survived a night in the maze, why should it make any difference?.." Newt said in a gloomy tone. Walking out the hut with Clint and Jeff sending sympathetic looks to him. He walked out the hut and looked over to the maze doors. A sigh escaping his lips as he thought back to seeing the doors close with you, Minho and Thomas in it. Even though Minho also wanted you he was still Newt's best friend. He cared deeply for all three of you, even Thomas. No matter the fact he'd only known Thomas for almost three days.