Chapter 34 "Fighting friends"

As you stand up. Hand still holding Newt's, he didn't want to let go. He don't want to let you go. Don't want to break something he promised. He did not want to break your heart, the only thing he still had that made him hold on. You and the fact that he was the one to keep your heart from loving anyone the way you love him. You were th only real memory off his past that had started to return. He keept his eyes lazily open and his head started fall forward, as if he was tired. He suddenly felt a squeeze on his hand and his eyes looked up, seeing you look at him before your hand let go off his as you ran off behind Minho. Gally running last with gun in hand. At the loss of warmth from your hand and the fact that you holding his hand was the only thing holding up his arm, it dropped to the ground. He felt funny.

The sounds of explosions. Yelling. Screams of fear once loved once got shot and much more of the sounds around Newt felt more distant. The sounds blurred out and a urge to just lash out once again bubbled up again. But this time it felt even worse, as if he wanted to attack someone or something. His head fell to the side. Breathing increasing with time and he looked out to the street. The sight in front of him showed people running around as orange tones shone over the place, but it soon turned blurry.
Thomas looked around the place. Trying to find a time to run. People were shooting with no mercy and one thing he did not want was for him and Newt to get shot while trying to get to safety. Thomas was also in a dilemma of how to get Teresa, she was still in the W.C.K.D facility. But when he turned down to see Newt. His bestfriend now looked exactly like you, his other bestfriend. Face almost covered in veins, the black liquid Newt coughed up started to dry a littel on his chin. Staining it. Eyes almost completely black like an black hole. Thomas just froze in place for a second. If he didn't get all of this right, then he would maybe loose Newt, his bestfriend. While you would loose your bestfriend and lover, but if he really failed. He'd loose the two of you, maybe Teresa or even his own life. Something he was not ready to loose

Snapping out off it. Thomas shook his head to break out of his mind and  looked at Newt. Sitting down in front of the blond.
"Hey. Hey, Newt." Newts head turned to him and he seemd out of breath and confused.
"We're gonna try this, okey. Let's get you up." Thomas told him and started to try and pull him up, only for Newt to struggle against him to remain in place.
"No." Newts voice was aggressive and demanding, as he pulled on a necklace that had a leather string that keept it hanging around his neck. He pulled hard and was able to rip it off. Holding it out for Thomas.
"Newt. We really gotta go."
"No. Take this."
"Newt-" "Take it!" Newt then yelled as Thomas refused to do as he wanted. He breathed heavily as Thomas grabbed the necklace, Newt still holding it and then placing a hand on Thomas' wrist.
"Please, Tommy... please." He pleaded out of breath. Thoams only looked at his friend. Feeling the slight sting off tears taht wanted ro escape but he held it in.
"Alright." Thomas simply said as Newt let go of it, Thomas stuffing the necklace down his pocket.
"All right, I need you to give me everything you got. We're gonna get pit of here. Okey?" Thomas said reassuring Newt they would make it out. Newt nodded.

Thomas wrapped his arm around Newts waist, throwing the blonds arm over his shoulders to help steady him. Newt groaned as he stood up, trying to balance himself slightly only for it to hurt as hell. Thomas walked over, Newt trying to take the few steps he could, as Thomas still steadied him. To be honest it was all on Thomas. Newt was almost completely incapable to walk, his legs was like strings that could not hold him up. But Thomas' adrenaline mixed with his fight or flight instincts that wanted him to fight, made it all not easy but easier to do. Newt might have been a bit lean when in the maze, but now six months later the boy had been able to put on some weight again, making him a bit heavier.
Thomas made sure the coast was clear before he sucked in sharp breath and then made a run for it. His face scrunched up in concentration as he basically carried Newt across the street where gun fire was. Dodging and making sure not to get hit.