Chapter 35 "Two souls finally getting their eternity"

Thomas' features then turned from sad, to angry and in need for revenge. Pushing himself up as the others slowly made their way over to Newts body. Picking up the gun he'd knocked out of Newt's had as he tried to shoot himself, loading it he stumbled to his feet. Sadness and anger mixing into a mix of salty tears. Brenda stood and only looked at Thomas, her bottom lip quivering as she held back sobs that wanted to leave her throat. But Thomas only looked at her for a second before stumbling away. Away to get his and your revenge. He wanted to kill Ava Paige, Janson and then get Teresa out of there.
Brenda dropped the cure that she held in her hand. It was useless anyway. There was no way she could give Newt it now and be be all fine and dandy. No, he'd still be dead. There was no denying that. He had a knife stuck in his chest, exactly where his heart was supposed to be. She swallowed hard as she looked up at tye sky taht was lit up by stars and the flames coming from about a block away. Then more tears spilled.

Frypan and Minho were hesitate. Both of them slowly walked up to the body of Newt. Minho felt numb. Six months ago he'd come to terms with Newt again after been walking on fire with each other over liking you, and he'd finally accepted that you liked Newt. Now when he was finally out after six months of torture and constant testing, he lost Newt. He'd lost his bestfriend for three years to something they were supposed to be immune to. But now all of that was gone. He fell to his knees next to the blond boy. Tears threatening to fall as he looked at Newt. All those memories from the glade reappearing. All the sarcastic comments they shot each other. All those mornings where Newt would bid him good luck before running into the maze. Those pats on the shoulder he'd get if he had been a bit stupid and gotten in trouble. Those pats were kind of Newts way to say 'Good luck bud' 9nly to then walk away.
Minho lowered his head as he felt himself let tye tears fall, falling down his cheeks and then hitting the ground, getting absorbed by the concrete beneath him.

Frypan aswell fell to his knees next to Newt. He raised his hand to wipe the tears that escaped his eyes. Sure, Wisnton had always been his closest friend but Newt had also always been there. Newt seemed to always know how to take the new greenies back in the glade. He had his small comments about how all of them were oblivious and more, but everyone was always reminded by you and Alby that all of you had been the same. Frypan had many times stood by Newt in council meetings, their opinions were very much alike. Frypan used to at times comment on the fact that Newt rathered eat vegetables than meat, but it was all just jokes. But the two could always be seen have good conversations and joke around with each other. Now that one person who'd been around and Frypan had been able to fo funny comments about as Winston was no longer around was gone. It had taken Fry a while before he had started with his jokes and more after Winston died, but then it was all back to normal again, only for it to taken away almost as quickly.
He lowered his head and took a deep breath. Trying to regain himself.

"We have t-to get back." Brenda's voice was broken and she felt bad for telling them it was needed of them to go. Minho's eyes wandered over Newt as he thought for a second.
"Come on man, we gotta go." Frypan sniffled as he stood up and patted Munhos shoulder, but the old runner shook his head qyickly. Making the two look at him confused. Still having red steaks from tears on their cheels.
"We can't leave him." Minho stood up and looked over at the two. "I can't do that to (y/n)."
"What do you mean?" Brenda asked as she finally had gotten her control of her voice back.
"I mean, he's coming with. I can't leave him here to.. I just want to put him at rest where it peaceful and not just leave him here. He was my bestfriend." Minho explained. Without another word Frypan walked over to Minho, kneeling down. Frypan hesitated as he looked at the knife and then took in a sharp breath. Reaching for the knife, he closed his eyes as he pulled it out. When the knife was out he let it fall to the ground. Minho looked at the knife, oh how he would dreade knifes from now on.