Chapter 7 "You're gonna break her"

You came running after Thomas as fast as you could. He was running to the medshack, the serum in hand. You didn't understand anything and so didn't tye others. You ran in the hut, Newt coming right behind you. When inside you were meet by the sight of Alby. He'd woken up a day ago and was twitching. Tensing up and then relaxing over and over. Thomas stood at the end of the bed and held the syringe.
"What are you thinking?" Jeff came up beside him and looked over Alby.
"I think this -this is gonna help." Thomas held up the syringe in front of his face. A sheepish smike on his face. Jeff didn't seem to mind the whole idea. Gally and Minho just stood in the back of the medshack. Newt looked at you before taking the syringe from Thomas, knowing you weren't one to make decisions like these.
"Look we don't even know what this stuff is" Newt started having a stern look I his face to make himself clear.

"We don't know who sent it, or why it was sent up in the box all of a sudden, I mean for all we know this stuff could kill him.." Newt told the others as Alby grunted in the background.
"He's already dying, how could this possibly make it any worse? Look at him." Thomas said and pointed to Alby, you didn't like the sight of him that way at all. Newt took a glance over at you, you had a pained expression on your face.
"Alright," Newt held the syringe to Thomas. "Do it!"
Thomas qyickly grabbed the syringe, Newt standing back a look of worry on hsi face. Minho moved up so he could see better, Gally had gone out the hut. Thomas leaned over Alby and got ready to insert the syringe.

Just then Alby looked at Thomas and grabbed his shoulders.
"You shouldn't be here -AHH!!" Alby screamed at him, still holding Thomas tightly. All of the boys tried to get Alby of Thomas. When they did Thomas helped hold Alby down.
"(y/n)! The syringe, give it to him!" Thomas yelled at you, you did as you were told and grabbed the syring out of Thomas hand. They made as much room possible for you while still holding Alby down, and without second thought you stabbed the needle in to Alby's arm. He gasped as you pushed the serum into his body to consume it. Alby then let go and fell back down limp, still breathing. Minho who were helping Thomas hold him down quickly put his hands on your hips and moved you back from Alby with him. Pulling you towards his chest.

You all breathed heavily as you watched Alby's breathing go from rapid to calm. You sighed and leaned back into Minho, the lack of sleep starting to kick in. As you leaned back Minho gave you a small kiss on the side of your head.
"Well.. -that worked" Jeff said stunned.
"Alright from now on, someone stays here watching him around the clock!" Newt looked around and when he saw the close proximity between you and Minho he didn't like it.. at all.
"Sounds good." You injected. Newt shot you a small smile as reassurance when you still had a unsure expression on your face. But the feeling of jealousy building up made him hav eto leave the hut, not wanting to explode at Minho with you there.

You stayed a bit after the others left. Jeff had given you a pat on the shoulder before he left. But one hadn't left, Minho. He were staying. You sat on the chair next to Alby. Holding his hand, you saw him as a father figure. Even though the one year age difference between the two of you, he'd always been there for you. The taught you everything you needed to know, and always acted like he was five years older than the rest of you.
Minho leaned against the wall as he looked on you. Remembering what he'd gotten himself into erlier. God, why was he so stupid!? It was the worst idea ever..

Earlier the other day: Minho's POV
I walked over to my hut. I was just gonna take a nap. Nothing unusual after a day of running. Thomas had surprised me, he was fast I had to admit that and to my luck he didn't ask to many questions.
I then heard someone calling my name. I turned to see one of the former runners that quit once Alby got stung, Jack.
"Minho hold up for a second!" He stopped right in front of me. I cocked an eyebrow at him.
"What slinthead?" I said tiredly.
"Me and the boys have a fun bet." He grinned at me, I was unsure to be honest.
"Which is?" "We bet you can't make (y/n) fall for you and when you ask her to be your girlfriend you win" I froze I place and looked at Jack, trying hard not to pull a face.
"So you in or not?" Jack then asked me. I thought for a second. This was stupid but they knew I had told them multiple times any girl would fall for me, stupid.
"I... s-sure" I said quietly, hoping he didn't hear, but against my luck he did.
"Good luck then bud." He patted my shoulder and ran off.