Chapter 20 "White blood"

The sound of fire echoed in your ears. It shone bright, making the safe space you'd all found light up in a shade of orange that was all to beautiful in your eyes. You hadn't talked at all since you gave Winston the gun, you couldn't have him become one of them, and his pleading for him to be killed didn't leave your head. Chuck was seated next to you and had his head leaning on your shoulder from tiredness, his curls tickling against you skin. Frypan who were Winston's best friend shed a tear as he looked at the fire. Just then Aris came in with more wood to keep the fire going.
"I thought we were supposed to be immune?" Minho frowned and looked over at Teresa who laid down, leaning her head on her bag.
"Not all of you, I guess." She simply said, as she didn't know Winston personally she didn't know how to feel right now.

"If Winston could get infected we should assume so could the rest of us." Newt explained, glancing over at you as he remembered what Teresa had said to him when showing some memories. 'its tests on her powers to see if she can become immune to the virus ..'
Meaning, you weren't immune. You could easily get infected.
"What happens if more of us get infected?" Chuck spoke up from your shoulder, you glanced down at him.
"I don't know.." Thomas said in a soft tone, showing he actually had no plan at all.
"I didn't think I'd actually say it.. but I miss the glade" Frypan told as another tear slipped down his face. A slight smile graced your lips.
"I remember that one time when we all were singing that song at the bonfire, I believe it was Chuck's first." You said in a low tone.
"Yeah, we were singing that song that went like 'so live a life you will remember' or how did it go?" Minho smiled slightly.
"Yeah but we changed it to 'Alby told me when I was just a greenie "These are the nights that never die" Alby told me' instead of 'my father'. Newt's lip tugged up a littel.

Aris, Teresa and Thomas was intrigued by what sounded to be a fun time. Even though you were all stuck in a maze, it sounded like it didn't stop any of you to have fun.
"Seemed like a lot of fun." Thomas looked at all of you.
"Three years,.. three years for this." You then frowned as your littel bit of happiness got taken away from you.
"Yeah but-" Newt started only to see you almost death staring him, making him stop as he understood you still weren't on speaking terms with him.
"It's a long way left to the mountains, do you think we'll make it with what we have left?" Aris looked over at Thomas.
"Hopefully," Was the only thing you got from him. The silence that once was came back. All of you just looking at the fire, but Newt keept his eyes at you. You ruffled Chuck hair as you stared into the fire. Chuck rubbed his eyes and yawned as he got tired of just sitting and wanted to get sleep.

"(y/n)?" Chuck asked you, turning so you faced him you put on as sweet of a smile you could.
"Yeah? Something wrong bud?"
"I just wondered... could you maybe... sing something?" Chuck fiddled with his fingers, almost embarrassed for what he'd asked. You thought about it, only one thing coming to mind.
"Oh.. okey I guess" Chuck smiled at your answer and got comfortable, all the other once looked at you as you went over the sing to see if you remembered correctly.

I'm ready to go, I'm ready to go. Can't do it alone, can't do it alone. I'm ready to run through the heat of the sun
Can't do it alone, can't do it alone.
I'm ready to fall, so tired of it all. Down deep in a hole, can't do it alone. I'm ready to climb this mountain inside
Impossible heights.

Chuck closed his eyes to the sound of your shooting voice, a motherly comfort in it all to him. The others closed their eyes and enjoyed the calm and relaxing song. But Newt, looked at you. His mind knew it, funny how after seeing memories of you and him, new once came popping up. It was YOURS and HIS song.

Said you'd always be my white blood. Circulate the right love. Giving me your white blood. I need you right here with me

You glanced up and looked at Newt who was staring at you. His mouth slightly parted as he replayed the word in his head of the song. Your eyes averted unintentionally back to the fire.