Chapter 11 "Through the maze we go"

Dawn had gone to morning. The scorching sun standing high. You sat into the shadow of the pit, as of how deep down the pit were it was quite chilly and nice down there. Thomas laid in the corner still passed out. Your mind were searching for who the blond boy was, if you were supposed to remember everything,l when getting stung, why not him? And why did you see that Minho had made that stupid bet. You liked him really,... but now when you thought about it, it never really felt tye way your books described love or how some of the boys ahd explained it to you. Were you really in love with Minho, or was it just that you thought you were?
You sighed and started to hum on a song you remembered.

"Said you'd always be my white blood, circulate tye right love... giving me your white blood. I need you right here with me" You sang lowly, fiddling with your fingers. Looking around the pit, you'd never been in the pit before as you'd always followed the rules but some time gotta be the first.
"Hey! (y/n)!" You heard a hushed voice call. You furrowed your brows and looked around then up at the opening to the pit, and there he was, the arse of a runner. You crossed your arms and sat back against the pit wall.
"Listen I don't know how you know about that bet, but I'm sorry, really" He tried and you sighed.
"It's the fact that I thought it was something, but it was all just game." You stared at the wall in front of you.
"I really do care about you shebean but-" "It wouldn't last, if he's out there or this Teresa girl is still alive and can point him out to me..., I'll probably fall head over heals for him again." You looked up to see a hurt expression on Minho's face.

You sighed and stood up in tye out so you were in eye level with him. Brushing of your clothes.
"Okey listen, I can't really care at all that you broke my heart right now, I just wanna get out okey?" Minho nodded understanding.
"I really did mean everything though" Minho mumbled to himself but you heard him. You sighed.
"Look Minho, I don't wanna give a second chance to something that just doesn't feel like it would last. Sorry" You said actually feeling sorry for him.
"Can you forgive me?" Minho then looked up from the ground to you, you breathed out.
"I can't right now, but I will, sometime." You told him, he looked down for a moment, then up at you. A look that said he had a question on his tongue.
"Did we know each other? Before all of this?" He asked you, you smiled a littel.
"Yeah, we were best friends. Always playing jokes on Alby and Thomas especially."
"We knew them before?"
"Yes, all of us and two more were in that same friend group, another girl named Teresa and then that boy.." You trailed of as you thought about who it could be.

Minho smiled and sat down out side the pit. You sat down against the wall of the pit once again, none of you said a word, even though what Minho had done you knew it wasn't something to bug yourself on forever, you also knew it was best to keep close when escaping. Minho leaned against the pit and closed his eyes, enjoying the sun that hit his face.
Not long after came Newt and Chuck over. Newt and Minho looked at each other a littel while Chuck sat down and started to talk with you. Or more like him rambling on about he didn't want you or Thomas to be banished. When Newt sat down on the ground next to Chuck and listened to him rambling on to you he saw a smile on your lip. You always listened to Chuck once he started rambling and it was something Newt adored with you. Newt's eyes were fixated at you, his whole face just said awe. His lips was up in a small and gentle smile, much like the one you'd given him when he first came up the box. Minho opened one eye and looked over at Newt and you who had started to talk and joke with Chuck. You were now standing up in the pit. Watching as you nudged Chuck and ruffled up his curly hair. Newt chuckling with the two of you. It was just something he saw, something that felt familiar about it all. Like he'd seen it before

The way you, through the wooden door, lightly pushed Newt and laughed with Chuck as he lost a bit of balance. The way you and Newt made funny remarks at each other. Minho then saw two small, not to small, stone floating up in the air, at first in a slow pace and then it all went within seconds. The two stones flew and hit Newt in the back of the head. You and Chuck one again breaking out in luaghter.
"Bloody hell are you trying to kill me love?" Newt exclaimed as he rubbed the back of his head. You simply giggled from the pit and smiled innocently.
It all just some how made Minho feel a feeling of déjà vu, but none of it made any sense at all. He couldn't draw a line to what made him feel that feeling. The fact that you and Minho used to be friends before the maze with some others made him more eager than ever to remember, something he never really thought about, what his life before the maze was like wasn't one of his top priorities any longer. It had slipped away almost six months after he came to the glade, but now it felt like if he could remember life would be easier and what if he had family waiting for him outside? But it was very unlikely in his mind, that any of you had family that was alive outside the maze.