Chapter 30 "Teresa"

Teresa's gaze got stuck on the street right in front of her. Waiting like any other of those that's stood beside her and waited for the cars to drive past, letting them cross the street. She felt numb after what she'd just witnessed, she actually had her hopes up. She really wanted it to work even though she was just there to give information.
The girl was so young, not even lived a quarter of her life before it got destroyed. Teresa had promised she'd be alright. But it seemd to world wanted something else. The pictures of the girl kicking around, screeching and trying to fight the doctors and guards that held her down. The flare getting the better of her once conscious mind, taking away any signs of humanity from her. What Teresa had seen the past months in W.C.K.D trying to get information made her sick to her stomach, all those lives that had been cut short. All those kids and grownups that had gotten their mind destroyed and lost to the flare.
Looking to the left of her, not far away was a man getting forced away due to him being infected. A mask covering his whole head as the virus now gone airborne.

Turning back to see if she soon was able to cross the street. But as she looked over one person stuck out. Face was hard to not recognize, hood over his head as not to be caught. Her eyes widened slightly, she looked at him when a bus came driving past. Blocking the view, but once it past she could see his back as he walked away. Everyone then started to walk across the street, the people from the diffrent directions meeting as they crossed. Teresa was frozen in place just for a few seconds before she started to push her way past people. Keeping his form in view as she walked as fast she could even though her high heels.

Teresa rushed past the people that all just wanted to get home, making dinner or just have a nice night with their husband's, wife's or kids. Most of them just normal, non immunes, working to pay the bills, pay for food and keep safe from the flare. She had a hard time keeping up with him. Even though she ran as fast she could, he still could walk faster than her.
Stopping as she got inside the train station. People swarming around her. Turning and looking around, her eyes darting in every direction, had she really lost him? She turned to one direction where not may people were only to see the same figure like before. Pushing past people Teresa quickly followed him, making sure she saw clearly.
"Thomas?" Teresa called as she for once closed in on her. Thomas turned his head just enough for Teresa to see a glimpse of him. His eyes showed sadness, keeping his eyes on hers as he rounded the corner.

Teresa just rounded the corner, a small smile on her face as she thought she was gonna see him. But once she rounded it Thomas wasn't there. She turned and looked the other way, but no Thomas. As she turned back around she was met by him, he walked in slowly. Biting down on his lower lip as if unsure what he was doing.
"Thomas." She breathed, surprised at it actually being him.
"Hey, Teresa." Thomas slowly made his way towards her. The both of them just looked at each other, for a moment.
"What are you doing here?" Teresa asked him, breaking the silence.
"Minho. We're here to get both of you out. But we need you." He told her, still feeling awkward about it all. Since last time he saw her he wasn't the nicest.
"How are you guys going to do that? I know a guy-"
"Gally. Yes. We know, but we need you to come with us."
"Sure." She agreed, just then Gally appeared from where he'd hid and so did Newt. Both of them had been making sure the coast was clear.
"Come on." Gally said.

-----

Thomas, Gally, Newt and Teresa walked inside the building. Gally keeping a close eye on Teresa as he did not trust her. Frypan, sat and watched as Brenda and Jorge played a game of cards. Newt was quick to walk towards Fry. Upon seeing Teresa Brenda stood up and walked over.
"Teresa." She smiled and embraced the girl in a hug. Teresa smiled and hugged back.
"Fry. Where's (y/n)?" Newt asked as he stopped beside to boy.
"She went for a nap. Gotta admit it, she's really holding on. Thought she'd go all loony by now." Fry told him. Newt nodded and walked away. Leaving the others for reunion with Teresa.