Ch 64 Feelings

May and Drew leaned on the railing of a balcony that overlooked beautiful city view. The brunette sighed deeply, hair fluttering gently in the cool breeze. The sunset was slowly beginning to go down. Drew was oblivious to the beauty around him, seeing only the beauty beside him. And beauty she was, in the truest sense of the word.

"We've been friends for a long time, huh, Drew? "

"Little past 2 years. Why? Something wrong? "

She fiddled with a lock of her hair, twirling it around her finger and staring out to sea as she replied.

"I feel like I can ask you just about anything. Can I? "

"Of course, May. "

"Well, you know, you're a guy... "

He bit back a smart remark about health class and the Discovery Channel with some effort, instead replying coolly, "Yes. Your point? "

"Do you think I'm attractive? Like... do you think any guy would, you know... like-like me? "

He laughed slightly. "What? Oh, you're serious. "

She looked down, saying nothing.

Drew mentally cursed his callousness and kicked himself in the shin. "I didn't mean it like that, May. Any guy in his right mind would kill to be with someone like you. Where'd you get the idea that you're inferior? " Drew's grip tightened on the rail, partly out of suppressed passion, partly out of righteous rage.

"Nowhere. You really think that? " May turned to him, those big blue eyes he could get lost in wide.

"I've never lied to you before. Why would I start now? " He smiled slightly.

Her eyes sparkled. "Thanks so much, Drew. A young woman was up in her bed thinking about the tapes of the battles she just been studying. Cynthia Shirona was a woman who was not easily intimidated. In fact, she had only felt fear once in her young life it was against Red. Cynthia was re-reading the file she got from Lance's G-men on Ash.

Name: Ashton S. Ketchum

'Hmm, I wonder what the S stands for,' she thought, her natural curiosity making itself known.

Date of Birth: 25th of November

'So, his birthday is only two months after mine,' Cynthia wasn't sure why she found that notable.

Age: 15

Place of Birth: Pallet Town, Kanto

'Pallet Town? Oh, yeah, I remember going there once with Grandma, it's a lot like Celestic Town, except near it's the ocean rather than in the mountains and it doesn't have a Pokemon Center,'

Known Pokemon: Pikachu, Charizard, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Totodile, Bayleef, Heracross, Noctowl, Sceptile, Snorlax, Glalie, Infernape, Swellow, Staraptor, Etc.

'It'll be hard to train so many pokemon equally, which is why I only have twelve myself" Her thoughts drifted back to the boy in question. She had heard Ash's name before. It came up when she heard a 11 year-old boy defeated the Orange Island Champion Drake. Now Drake was considered to be as strong as some Elite 4 members so this had caught her interest. However she had just became champion at the time so the story was forgotten. A year ago, his name came up again as the youngest trainer ever to defeat the Battle Frontier at 14. Cynthia had decided to do a little bit of research on this trainer and was surprised when she found out that he turned down the position of Frontier Brain. She wondered why he did such a thing because anyone trainer would kill to be in his shoes? Known Accomplishments: Stopped many Team Rocket plots in Kanto and Johto, Team Magma and Aqua plots in Hoenn, including helping Lance. Involved in many incidents involving legendary pokemon.

'To be able to stop so many criminal organisations and he started when he was only ten, too.' She thought, impressed with his ability to mess up villainous plots. And there was yet another interesting thing about Ash Ketchum. 'I'm biggest question why doesn't the world know about Ash being Red son?Most reporters will kill for a story like this but yet Red can kept his family a secret from the world?" Her reading was interrupted by the sound of splashing from the bathroom. "Milotic, Gastrodon, stop making so much noise, I'm trying to read!" She shouted. Cynthia sighed 'Those two are always the same whenever there's a hot tub around,'

She looked back at the file on the large desk she was sitting at and was about to begin reading again, but the file was caught be the wind created by her Braviary and Togekiss, who decided it would be a great idea to race around the house sized penthouse.

The papers scattered around the floor. Cynthia sighed. 'Oh, well, it's not like I haven't read about ten times already,' She was pretty sure she could recite the facts of Ash's career as a trainer by heart. She had all the information she needed to come to a decision. Cynthia didn't know why she kept thinking about Ash but it was driving her crazy. Tomorrow was their battle and she needed to focus. "Hey you there!" a loud voice called, drawing May's and Drew's attention. She looked over to see a trainer pointing at him. He wore a yellow vest over his bare chest, purple shorts, blue and white sneakers, and a red bandana tied around his head. There were two Pokéballs attached to the left side of his vest.

"Can I help you?" May asked.

"Yeah, I'm looking for a Pokémon Trainer named May from Petalburg City," he said, "Do you know her?"
"You don't have to be so rude!" Drew yelled.
"It's okay Drew. Yeah, I know her," May replied, "She's  me."

"My names Rex," he said, "Lets have a match, unless you're afraid to lose!" he grabbed one of the Pokéballs from his vest and brandished it.

"I'm never afraid," May replied, "Go Dratini!"
"Go Donphan!" Rex shouted.

Both Pokémon burst from their balls and landed on the field, ready to battle.

"Donphan, Rollout!" Rex ordered.

"Use Agility to dodge, then Ice Beam!" May countered.

Donphan curled into a ball and began rolling down the field at high speed.

Dratini vanished in a blur of speed, allowing Donphan to roll right passed where he once sat. A moment later he stopped moving and fired a beam of freezing energy straight at Donphan; the attack impacted against its side, knocking it off course and causing it to crash.

"Now Dragon Breath," May ordered.

Dratini fired a blast of green flames that enveloped Donphan and knocked it out.

Rex growled as he returned his Pokémon.

"Let's see how you like this," he said angrily as he tossed another Pokéball.

Out appeared a massive and muscular Machamp.

"Use Karate Chop!" Rex ordered.

Machamp ran forward as it's open hand started glowing white.

"Dragon Tail!" May ordered.

Just as Machamp reached Dratini, he flipped around and slammed his tail into it's chest, sending Machamp flying back where it collapsed unconscious at Rex feet.

May sighed, his opponents Pokémon weren't very well trained.

"Grrr, how dare you!" Rex yelled. A moment later, he had taken his final three Pokéballs and threw all of them at once. "Get her!" he ordered.

The Pinsir, Golem, and Venomoth that appeared charged towards May. "May watch out" Drew yelled as he ran towards May trying to save her. May was reaching towards her bag for backup, when a sudden glow lit up the field. She gasped; Dratini was evolving.

His body tripled in length. His two ears grew larger to resemble small wings and the little knob on his forehead lengthened into a horn. A large orb grew onto the base of his neck and two more orbs appeared at the end of his tail.

The energy burst away to reveal a newly evolved Dragonair, roaring with fury. A teal glow enveloped him, quickly reforming into the shape of a ferocious dragon. He raced across the field and slammed into the three attacking Pokémon, sending them flying back in a massive explosion.

Rex, who was staring slack-jawed at Dragonair, quickly returned his Pokémon and fled.

Dragonair gracefully curled up on the ground before May, lowering his head to be petted. May grinned, "You looked awesome Dragonair."