Ch 1 The Past

"Are you sure this is the right way?" said a muscular man with a deep voice. He was wearing a fitted red shirt with a yellow lightning in the middle of it and a pair of black jeans. He was also wearing a red cap with a logo of Poké ball on it.

"Pika pika, Pikapi."

"Okay, if you're sure, then I trust you."

Ash Ketchum was walking with his Pikachu through the Forbidden Forest. He was a twenty four year old Pokémon Master traveling the world battling against the strongest trainers he could find. It was a difficult journey for Ash in the beginning, but he was able to overcome all the obstacles and make his dream come true. He grew in height and had become very muscular over years because of all the training he did with his Pokémon. Ash was very proud of all of his accomplishments.

"Pika kapi," Pikachu said.

"I know it was in your dream that you saw this place," Ash said. "I'm sorry I ever doubt you, Pikachu."

Pikachu is Ash's first Pokémon and best friend. The electric mouse was the only consistent companion Ash had throughout his journey and is the Pokémon Master's strongest Pokémon. Pikachu had a mysterious dream the other day that wanted him and Ash to visit this "Forbidden Forest," so that is why the two were traveling in the forest. Pikachu was skeptical at first, but he felt like the place was calling to him for help, and the little mouse was not one to ignore someone, or something, in need of help.

Ash sighed. They had been walking the forest for six hours and had not reached their destination, yet. They passed a few more trees before he spoke. "How much further do you think it will be?" He asked.

"Pika..." Pikachu calmly said.

"You mean we're here?"

Pikachu nodded.

Ash looked around the forest and saw a small clearing to his left. "Maybe we need to go there," He said pointing to the opening.

They both walked into the small clearing and noticed that is was cooler than the rest of the forest. The duo stood there for two minutes but nothing happened. Ash decided to speak up.

"Hey buddy, I think we sho-"

The raven-haired trainer was interrupted by a strange ball of light that had appeared out of nowhere. Ash and Pikachu just stared at it—mesmerized by it. All of a sudden, the light started taking the shape of a small figure. With bright flash of light, the light disappeared and the small figure showed itself to the duo.

Ash was shocked when he saw who it was. "C-celebi?"

The little green Pokémon blinked her eyes rapidly as if it were trying to wake up. She moved her head back and forth looking at both Ash and Pikachu. Celebi then smiled.

"It's nice to see you two!" She exclaimed happily.

"Um, it's nice to see you, too—I guess..." Ash said still somewhat shocked. "Wait, how are you able to talk to me? Are you doing it telepathically?"

"Pika?" Pikachu added.

"Yes, I am," Celebi answered. "It isn't hard for a legendary Pokémon to do if we really want to...Anyways, how are you guys doing? Oh, I meant to say congratulations on becoming a Pokémon Master; I knew it has always been your dream!"

Ash smiled. "Thanks, Celebi," He said. "So are you the one who sent Pikachu the dream to come to the Forbidden Forest?"

"Yes, that was me," The Time Travel Pokémon's smile had disappeared. Her whole demeanor had changed from happy to serious. "I knew you wouldn't say 'no' to Pikachu if he wanted to come to the forest, and I have something important I need to tell you."