Ch 25 May Vs Ash!!!

Professor Oak and Gary retreated so that Ash and May could have enough room for their battle. Once they were at a good distance, the two relatives waited for the battle to start.

Tracey waited for May and Ash to take their places on opposite sides of the field.

"Are you both ready?"

They both nodded.

"Alright," Tracey yelled. "This will be a one-on-one battle. Begin!"

"Go, Munchlax!" May said as she tossed her Poké ball in the air.

The Big Eater Pokémon appeared from the ball. He raised his hands in the air and smiled with his mouth wide open.

"Lax," Munchlax stated.

"Munchlax, huh," Ash said. He then tossed his Poké ball in the air. "Snivy, I choose you!"

The small, green Unova starter appeared on the field in front of Ash.

"Vy," Snivy said as she crossed her arms.

XxXxXxX

"I've never seen that Pokémon before, gramps," Gary told his grandpa as he stared at the Pokémon Ash sent out. "Do you know anything about it?"

"Just that Ash caught it two months ago in a region called Unova. He said it was the grass starter that the Unova Region offered to young trainers," Professor Oak informed. He then chuckled. "If you're surprised by this little one, then you should see the other Pokémon that he's caught recently."

Gary turned and stared sternly at Ash.

XxXxXxX

"Aww, when did you catch this cute, little Pokémon?"

Ash smirked. "I wouldn't take her looks for granted, May," he warned. "Snivy is just strong as most my other Pokémon."

Snivy closed her eyes and smiled confidently.

"You're right," May concluded as she regained her focus. "Munchlax, use Body Slam!"

"Lax!" the Normal-type yelled as he ran to Snivy.

When he was close enough, Munchlax jumped in the air to land the Body Slam at full force and weight. Just as he was about to collide, however, Ash made his move.

"Stop the Body Slam with your Vine Whip."

The Unova starter quickly used Vine Whip to intercept the attack. Snivy sustained Munchlax in the air tightly in the vines. She then hauled back her vines and fiercely slammed Munchlax against the ground. She released the vines and stepped back.

May gasped. "Munchlax!" she said. "Come on, you have to get up!"

The Normal-type slowly arose from ground; he took a lot of damage from Snivy's counterattack.

May smiled confidently. "Yes! Alright, use Metronome!"

Munchlax picked up his hands and began waving his fingers back and forth in a mesmerizing rhythm. After a few seconds of waving, he finished and excitedly raised his hands in the air, which caused a bright flash that blinded everyone. When the flash disappeared, everyone noticed that Munchlax was gone, too.

"Where'd he go?" May looked around for her Pokémon.

Ash stayed focused. "Stay alert, Snivy," he stated. "Munchlax could be anywhere...even underground."

Snivy looked around the field to see any movement on the surface, but did not notice any strange variations.

All of a sudden, a faint sound could be heard getting louder and closer.