Ch 17 Kalos

"I'll see you around?"

Drew stared at her blankly for a brief moment before smiling confidently and flicking his hair. He nodded and closed the door.

They stared quietly at the door for a moment before May finally spoke up. "He was here to get 'some tips' from the person that beat him?" She asked slyly to her brother.

Max shrugged. "I just wanted to see him irritated over the fact that you beat him."

May giggled. "He did seem pretty upset, huh?"

They waited a few minutes before leaving their room to get something to eat. After eating a decent meal from the cafeteria, they both headed back to their room to get some rest. They were going to be arriving in Petalburg City early in the morning; they were going to be arriving home in the morning.

XxXxXxX

"Ash, breakfast is ready!"

"Okay, mom, we'll be down in a minute!"

The day Ash and Pikachu arrived home went by rather quickly. Delia celebrated her son returning home by making a big feast for them. After they finished the meal, Ash and Pikachu told her about their journey challenging the Battle Frontier—or at least what they could remember. They talked for a few hours before Ash decided to go bed. It was only six o'clock in the afternoon by then, but he wanted to wake up early to prepare for the next few months. The next day, Delia made breakfast a little earlier than she usually did because she knew Ash would be getting up early.

Ash walked swiftly down the stairs with Pikachu on his shoulders. He was wearing different clothes from yesterday. He was wearing a fitted black t-shirt with a large yellow thunderbolt symbol in the middle, a pair of blue jeans, and a pair of trainers; he did, however, keep the same hat and fingerless gloves he wore the day before.

Delia smiled at her son as he sat down to eat his breakfast. "I bought you those clothes a long time ago, but I never thought you would actually wear them," She confessed. "You always seemed to like wearing jackets and sweaters rather than t-shirts."

"I know, but I thought I'd try something different in my next journey," Ash added. "That and I remember you telling me how disappointed you were that I never wore the shirts you bought me..."

"It makes me happy to see with those clothes!" She smiled brightly. Her smile, however, turned to a somewhat curious look. "But I don't know why you have to leave so soon when you just got here yesterday...when will you be back?"

"I just have to do a few things," Ash explained. "It should take me about three months to do everything I have to do, then I will spend one whole month resting at home—I promise, mom."

Delia sighed before smiling again. "Okay, honey, I understand," She said. Something then occurred to her. "I think this is the first time you've made plans for something. You usually just leave when someone else tells you about gym badges. My little boy is growing up!"

Ash just shrugged and smiled.

"Pika!" Pikachu said as he jumped off of Ash's shoulders to sit on the table. The yellow mouse grabbed a piece of bread off one the plates and started to eat it.

After eating breakfast and talking at the table for a while, Ash decided that he and Pikachu needed to leave if they wanted to stay on track of their schedule. "Are you ready to go, buddy?"

"Pikachu!" Pikachu said energetically.

"Great," Ash stood and walked over to his mom. When he reached Delia, Ash pulled her into a hug, which greatly surprised her since he's never done it before; nevertheless, she hugged him back. "I'll be back before you know it, mom," He let her go, said goodbye, and continued to walk out the door with Pikachu following closely behind.

"You guys be careful, okay!" Ash's mom yelled behind the door.

"We will!"

"Pika!"

After the last-minute goodbye, the duo began walking down the road that leads away from Pallet Town. They knew they were going to be doing a lot of traveling the next few months, so Ash and Pikachu did not bother stopping by Professor Oak's lab. They really did not need anything from the Professor, anyways. The time-travelers had just entered the forest outside of Pallet Town when they suddenly stopped walking. Ash spoke up to his companion.

"So where are we going first?"

"Pikachu pi pi pika," Pikachu answered.

"It's between Unova and Kalos?"

Pikachu nodded.

Ash rubbed his head while he contemplated his decision. A minute passed by before he finally spoke up. "Hmm, I think we should go to Kalos first," He said. "I feel like we have a lot to do over there. What do you think?"

"Pika," The yellow mouse agreed.

"Alright, that means we have to take a plane to get there."

"Pi pika pika chupi?"

Ash looked to the ground to see his companion smiling brightly. The Pokémon Master gave Pikachu a strange look. "I'm not about to catch a wild Pidgey just so we could 'fly' on top of it. Besides, that's physically impossible."

Pikachu shrugged. "Pika pi pika chu pi ka."

"Really? That was your 'best suggestion' instead of taking a plane?" Ash sighed and shook his head. "Let's just head out, so we can get tickets for the next flight...these next three months are going to feel so long."