Ch 66 Further Beyond

The two competitors walked to one side of the field each. Dawn. The crowd that had gathered to observe the Pokémon battle.

"This is a one-on-one battle between Cynthia, the Champion of Sinnoh and Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town. There's no time limit and all other clauses apply. Trainers, send out your Pokemon!" The Brock said. "Okay Garchomp, battle dance!" Cynthia sent out her strongest fully-evolved Pokemon. It was a bipedal reptilian Pokemon with black, red and yellow scales and white spikes in his thighs. His arms had fin-wings and one talon instead of hands. Both May and Dawn checked their Pokedex for information. So Garchomp was a Dragon/Ground Pokemon. While Ash could simply send out Glalie, the trainer knew better. Cynthia didn't fight for so long to lose against type disadvantage. If anything, Ash could tell she was expecting him to use type advantage against Garchomp. Obviously because she had a way to counter it and win right away. That's why he choose another Pokeball.

"Let's go, Charizard!" Ash sent out his fully-evolved Fire/Flying Pokemon from Kanto. The powerful Dragon-like Pokemon roared to the sky firing red/blue flames out of his maw. The starter Pokemon stared down at his enemy from Sinnoh. Cynthia looked on with real surprise over her cute face. That Charizard was as big as her Garchomp. The two had to be equal in power for sure. Maybe she had finally found a proper challenge since battle with his father Red. Cynthia grinned slightly. It had been a while since she found the one to put her over the limit.
"So a Fighting/Psychic-type," Ash muttered, "Chrizard time to shine," he called out. "Wow that's not a Pokémon I've seen," Dawn said pulling out her Pokédex but there was no information, " Chrizard is from Kanto region,  Dawn that's why your Sinnoh issued Pokédex can't record it," May said.
"Garchomp vs Charizard, begin!" The Brock said.

"Garchomp, use Rock smash!" Cynthia ordered trying to test Ash and Charizard. The Land Shark Pokemon shot faster than a speeding bullet, one of his wings glowing dark red. The sheer velocity was too much for the audience to keep track off. But not for Ash and his powerful friend.

"Charizard, dodge!" The trainer ordered at the last second, his Pokemon ducking under the lashing wing "And Fire Fang!" Charizard bit hard on the other wing with his blazing fangs. That earned a yell of pain from Garchomp, who backtracked suffering the burning side effect from the attack.

"Now Dragon Breath!" Ash ordered taking the advantage. Charizard fired a yellow blast from his mouth at rapid speed. The Dragon move did some damage on Garchomp and started the paralysis. Cynthia didn't bother in ordering a command, knowing her Pokemon would not be able to complete it by his current condition.

"And now Seismic Toss!" The Pokemon trainer from Kanto said for last. Charizard quickly shot forward and grabbed his enemy from his arm pits. He shot up into the air and started making loops. He then started spiraling down with Garchomp. At the last second though, Charizard let go of his enemy and let him crash at high velocity with the arena. A small cloud kicked up, everyone looking in expectations. But Cynthia just stood there with her blue eye gazing stoic.

When the fog finally settled, the Pseudo-Legendary Pokemon was still standing with only bruises on his scales. The dark-haired Pokemon trainer was very surprised. Garchomp had to go through some tough battles to survive such a combo with so little damage. The Champion smiled from her side of the battlefield. This already proved to get thrilling.

"A great combination, Ash. My Garchomp has never been pushed so hard in a battle in such a short amount of time" Cynthia complemented happy to see her future rival was more than good enough. However, it was her turn to act now "But I think it's time for me to go serious. Garchomp use Sand storm!" The Land Shark Pokemon roared and made the sand to kick up around the entire field. Charizard closed his eyes receiving some damage from the weather change.

Meanwhile Ash noticed that Garchomp had faded inside the storm like a rapidly-moving ghost. So he had Sand Veil as his ability. Now he knew why Cynthia was considered unbeatable. It was hard to defeat a Pokemon you couldn't catch and at the same time fight against the hazardous climate.

"Nice try, Cynthia" Ash said, earning an odd look from his cute blonde enemy. "Charizard, use Sunny Day!" The Fire/Flying Pokemon shot a sphere into the sky and the Sun returned with greater brightness. And Garchomp was visible again without any advantage for him. Cynthia now was serious. They could keep changing the weather all day but it would do nothing. But Ash wasn't the only one, who could use the new Sun in his favor.

"Garchomp, use Flamethrower!" The hot Champion from Sinnoh ordered her next move. Her fully-evolved Pokemon shot the amplified spew of flames from the back of his throat.

Ash almost ordered to dodge the attack. But his Pokemon didn't spend so much time living with other Charizards without receiving a fire blast to the face two or three times a day. The Fire attack, increased or not, wasn't any serious thing for his fully-evolved friend.

"Use Dragon Dance and receive it!" Charizard's body glowed red and black with increased attack and speed. The burning attack swallowed the Pokemon from Kanto but he didn't flinch at all. While his body slowly covered with small burns Charizard was still good to go. But the teenager just couldn't stop been impressed. Even without his ability acting, The Pseudo-Legend was still a tough rival.

"Garchomp use Sword Dance and Dragon Rush!" The Champion ordered, her visible blue eye full serious. The Dragon/Ground Pokemon amplified his attack by two stages, an air vacuum generating around his body. He then charged at great speeds covered in a blue Dragon-shaped aura. The trainer from Kanto let him came closer. Neither he or Charizard were afraid of him.

"Smoke Screen!" Ash ordered the counter. His Dragon-like Pokemon shot a plume of thick black smoke from his mouth. Garchomp missed his mark his blue color fading away from him.

"Now Dragon Claw!" Charizard swiftly came from Garchomp's left side faster than a bullet and hit his opponent right in the face with his purple-colored clawed hand. Garchomp screeched in pain receiving the harmful Dragon-type move and spiraling backwards. His body caved a trench in the ground of the arena until he halted to a stop.

Garchomp stood up, ready. But his heavy panting indicated he didn't have much left to give.

"Okay Garchomp, use Draco Meteor!" Cynthia ordered her strongest Dragon move. She never tried it unless completely necessary. And Ash was beyond what she had expected. She even doubted her victory.

Ash knew that the attack had a lot of power. But the Dragon Move would also lower Garchomp's special attack. Even if the attack hit Charizard or any other Pokemon nearby.

"Charizard, intercept that sphere as fast as you can!" Ash ordered making some viewers and Dawn to look at him in surprise. His Dragon-like Pokemon flew like a speeding rocket catching the orange sphere high in the sky before it exploded into a barrage of meteors. The entire audience, Dawn and even Cynthia with her Garchomp stared in utter flabbergasment towards the Pokemon of Kanto cupping the attack between his palms and straining with all of his might to keep it as one solid sphere that wouldn't explode as of yet "Send it back with Dragon Claw!" Charizard's hand shone purple again and punched the concentrated sphere back to its owner. "That's clever Ash", Cyinthia said .
"Your going to love this, trust me. what you're seeing now is Charizard normal state!" Has he really found a way to surpass an level 100 is that possible? Ash must be bluffing?"AND THIS!!!
Eh what is he doing?
AND THIS IS TO GO EVEN FURTHER BEYOND!!!!Ash clenched his fist, and Charizard did so as well.