Ash vs Paul Ch 51

Ash watched as Paul was making his way towards the exit of the facility. He knew what he had to say to get the purple-haired teen coming back. He smiled when he thought of Paul having to make his way back to battle. The raven-haired trainer allowed him to get some distance before calling out.

"That's too bad," Ash said loudly so Paul could hear. "I thought I'd beat you down just like I like beat Reggie..."

Paul stopped suddenly and stood facing away from the group. "What did you say?" The calmness in voice sounded very threatening.

"Gotcha." Ash grinned as he knew he'd won. "I said you're not as good as your brother. I saw the way you battled against May, and Reggie is way stronger. He understood that power isn't everything, and he put up a good fight."

"Power is everything," Paul said seriously, turning around to make his way towards Ash's position. "That is why he probably didn't win against you." When he was around forty meters away from the insulting trainer, Paul stopped and pulled out a Poké ball. "I'll make quick work of you just like your friend."

"Quick work? I saw you struggle against May."

"So, you were watching my battle to come up with a strategy to beat me, huh?"

"Nope. I was watching the way she battled," Ash corrected; behind him, Dawn was nudging May that the trainer was watching her which caused the brunette to slightly blush. "Eevee isn't that strong, and I thought she would lose after taking that direct Fire Punch, but she got back up because May had faith in her."

"You're full of that shit, too, huh?"

"I'm the preacher, Paul..."

Paul frowned slightly as he glared at Ash.

"Alright, I'm ready to battle," he stated. "Let's make it interesting like I did with your friends...unless you're scared to make an little bet."

"What is it?"

"If you win, I'll get rid of the previous bet, so your friends can compete in contests in again," Paul exclaimed, which shocked Brock, May, and Dawn. "But, if I win...you can't compete in the Sinnoh League this time around."

"Deal."

"Don't do it, Ash!" May shouted. "It's not worth the risk."

"Yeah, May and I can wait to participate in the Pokémon Contests," Dawn added.

"It's okay. I'm not going to lose," Ash reassured them with a smile. He turned back to Paul. "So, are you ready?"

Paul simply threw his Poké ball in the air and revealed the small yellow Pokémon, Elekid.

"You're up, Pikachu."

Pikachu jumped from Ash's shoulder onto the field. He knew this would be a match that wouldn't have the same outcome as the first time.

"Just like the girl behind you," Paul commented as he smirked. "All that talk only to choose a little Pikachu. Elekid, use Thundershock."

Elekid's hands began to vibrate quickly as it sent the electricity towards Pikachu.

"Dodge it, Pikachu!"

"Pika!" Pikachu sidestepped and dodged the attack.

"Now, use Iron Tail!"

Pikachu heard the command and rushed the Elekid. The mouse zig-zagged to throw his opponent off—or just to show off. When he was near it, Pikachu jumped up and whipped his metallic tail against Elekid.

"Block it," they heard Paul say.

With a confident look, Elekid lifted one of its hands to block the Iron Tail, but it missed its interception and Pikachu's attack continued forward, crashing directly against Elekid's face and pounding it to the ground ferociously. Paul viewed shockingly as his Pokémon lie unconscious in a small crater after one attack.