Ch 3 Drew hair

(With Ash & Pikachu Two Minutes Before)

"Well, I guess you were right, buddy," Ash stated. "It seems like he's always been an idiot."

Pikachu crossed his arms and grinned. "Pika."

"Alright, I'm sorry," The trainer apologized. "It sucks that you're always right about these things."

The electric mouse patted him on the back as if saying "I know."

Ash then stood up. "Let's go down there, Pikachu," He said. "I'm tired of hearing Drew blame me for this."

"Pika!" Ash extended his hand so his best friend could climb on his shoulder.

(Present Time)

"What are you doing here, Ketchum?" Drew snarled.

"I came here looking for May," Ash told the green-haired Coordinator calmly. He then turned to look at the brunette. She still had a surprised expression on her face after hearing Ash say things about Drew's hair, but it was still obvious to Ash that she was still feeling depressed. "May, is it okay if you and me talk for a moment in private?"

May's expression turned from shock to concern. She knew Ash wasn't a person to do things in private, so she thought it must be really important. Drew, however, spoke up before May could answer.

"I know it's hard for you to understand, Ketchum," said the green-haired teen as he flicked his hair. "But May and I were having a serious conversation. So I think it'd be best if you just left."

Ash smiled. "Drew, this isn't a good time to be asking May for beauty tips."

Drew flushed a deep shade of red. "I wasn't asking her for beauty tips!"

"So you were trying to give her beauty tips?" Ash was pretending to play a fool. "You and I both know she doesn't need any tips from anybody—especially with a guy with green hair."

Drew was getting furious, but May was giggling at the argument. The male Coordinator recollected himself before he spoke.

"You just don't have any style, Ketchum," He flicked his hair again. "You wouldn't know style if a Machoke slapped you in the face."

"So you guys were talking about fashion?"

"I was not asking May for beauty tips!" Drew yelled.

"Well, you should," Ash stated. "Maybe she can help you do something about that green hair of yours."

"Ahhh!" Drew yelled in frustration.

By this time, May was laughing at how Ash was infuriating Drew.

The green-haired coordinator took in deep breath and clam himself down again. He then turned to May and smiled. "I think it's best if we talk later, May. Until then, think about what I said, okay?" Drew then glanced fiercely at Ash who was smiling. "Later, Ketchum." With that, Drew walked out of the room leaving Ash and May alone at the stage. The brunette decided to speak up first.

"So what was that about, Ash?" She asked. "I've never heard you say things like that before."

"I, honestly, don't know," He pretended to be oblivious about his actions. "I didn't mean for him to get him angry. I was just saying what was on my mind."

May thought that seemed like a pretty decent reason for Ash say something so rash. "So what did you want to talk about?" She asked.

"Drew said that it was my fault that you lost, right?" Ash asked.

"So you heard that?" May sighed. She looked away from Ash before she continued. "He said that I battle more like a trainer than I do as a coordinator, and says it is your fault that I do my performances in that way."

Ash grinned and sat next to May. He put Pikachu on his lap, so the mouse could rest in comfortable position.

"Well, I think he's right when he says that I influenced your coordinating style, but he's wrong about how you perform more as," Ash told the sapphire-eyed girl. "I don't think you battle more like a trainer or a coordinator."

May looked at the trainer with confusion.

"Ash, I don't understand," May said. "If I don't battle like a trainer or coordinator, then what do I battle like?"

"You incorporate both styles in your performances," Ash smiled at the confused expression on her face. "Listen May, your style is very unique. When it came to beauty and style, your performance was on point because of your inner coordinator. Then when it came to battling, your opponents had trouble beating you because of your inner trainer—your inner trainer allowed you to beat your rivals. Plus, while you were doing the battle rounds, you were still able to show off your Pokémon to prevent you from losing points. That's your contest style, May. It's not different—it's unique."

May had a surprised look on her face. She was surprised for two reasons. The first was she never saw herself as being a coordinator and a trainer mixed together. The second was she was surprised that this was coming from Ash—from Ash! She thought about it for a minute, and he was right in a way.

"I never thought of it like that..." May said as she stared into his brown eyes.

"I think Drew just hates to lose," Ash smiled. "There's no reason why you should be getting tips from someone you beat. If anything, it should be the other way around."

May stared at the trainer. He was right again.

"I heard what Drew said about the Johto Region," Ash told the Hoenn girl. "I think it's a great opportunity to catch up with your rivals. But, don't let him influence your decisions. You are your own person, and you are allowed to make your own choices based on your own feelings."

May was speechless. She knew he was right about making choices for herself.

"Ash, you're right," May said as she stood up and made a fist pump. "I am free to make my own decisions. As for my way of performing contests, I think you have a good point. It gives me the edge of mixing both styles because I want to make my Pokémon to be stronger while still showing off their beauty."

Ash smiled at the brunette's action, she clearly wasn't sad about losing in the Grand Festival anymore. If anything, she looked more determined to compete in another one.

May then turned to the trainer. "Thank you!" She hugged him which forced Pikachu to jump off Ash's lap.

Ash return the embrace as he put his arms around the brunette.

They stood there for a while until Ash broke the hug. May turned her head quickly so Ash couldn't see and blushed.

"Why did I hug him for so long?" May thought.

"We should probably go find Max and Brock," Ash said to May who was looking away from him. "They are kind of worried about you."

May turned her head as soon as her blush went away.

"You're right let's go!" May said as she walked passed the trainer.

Ash and Pikachu exchanged glances.

"I didn't know May got nervous after giving hugs," Ash said to Pikachu.

"Pika ka, Pikapi" Pikachu replied to his trainer.

"You're right, buddy," Ash said. "I guess I really didn't hug her when we were younger to find out. Anyways, I think we should start focusing on our mission now. Who knows how long it will take us to figure out who the bad guy is. It's too bad we had to alter the timeline a little..."

"Pika kapi pi," Pikachu said as he climbed on Ash's shoulder.

"That's true, buddy," Ash added. "It's always worth it if will help out a friend."

The time-travelers began to walk out of the room to catch up to May.

"You think Drew will take my advice about cutting his hair?"

"Pika..." Pikachu shook his head.

"Yeah, I thought so," Ash said disappointingly.