Ch 13 Tie

The group celebrated the tie between Ash and May by going out to eat a delicious meal at the Pokémon Centre. After the heroes enjoyed a satisfying dinner in the cafeteria, they went up to their room to get some well-deserved rest. The group knew they would be waking up early the next day to head towards the port. The room was fairly small; it had two bunk beds and a bathroom. It also had a door that led to a small balcony that gave them a great view of the city. They all agreed it was nice place to rest for the night.

May and Max quickly did their nightly routines, so they could go to bed. They each took turns using the restroom to complete his or her individual tasks. Max brushed his teeth before changing into his sleepwear and heading off to bed. May took a quick shower, brushed her hair, brushed her teeth, and changed into her sleepwear before she went to bed.

Ash then went into the restroom and changed into a white t-shirt and some blue shorts before heading to bed. When he walked out of the restroom, Ash saw Brock looking at himself through the mirror on the wall of the room. The breeder was smiling and muttering to himself while he was combing his hair with his hands. After he finished brushing, Brock reached into his bag and grabbed a small, blue bottle of cologne. He sprayed himself twice: once on each side of the neck.

Ash saw what Brock did and gave the breeder an awkward look. "What are you doing, Brock?"

Brock turned around and smiled. "I have to look and smell great for the girls in my dreams," He stated. "You never know if you'll meet a beautiful girl while sleeping, Ash."

Ash smiled and shook his head.

It was ten o'clock when the group turned off all the lights in the room. Everyone was asleep except for Ash and Pikachu.

"Do you want to go for a late-night walk, buddy?" Ash asked quietly.

"Pika," Pikachu said while nodding.

Ash put on his pants, shoes, and sweater before opening the door to leave. Pikachu followed closely behind his best friend. The duo walked for about five minutes before settling in a small park that was surrounded by trees; besides a few Pokémon, the park was empty. They sat down on a bench in front of a small pond that was in the middle of the park. The bright Moon reflected nicely off the clear, blue water; there were also a few Pidgey bathing in the small pond. Ash and Pikachu just relaxed and stared at the tiny birds cleaning themselves. A few minutes passed before Ash finally spoke up.

"I don't know if I can do this, buddy," He sighed as he looked at Pikachu. "It's pretty difficult to recreate events as I did them before. I really lucked out today when I tied with May in the contest..."

"Pikachu pi pika," Pikachu explained.

"I know you're right, buddy. I know everything won't have the exact same outcome, but what if something I do differently causes a change that never happened before? Like I never meet someone who has a big impact in my life," Ash looked up to the sky and saw a shooting star move across the sky. "I just wish it didn't have to be this complicated, you know?"

Pikachu frowned slightly.

Ash suddenly stared confusingly at the night-sky. The shooting star was still flying across the air; he knew they usually didn't last long. His eyes widened when he saw the shooting star turn sharply and head straight towards them at an increasingly fast rate. Ash quickly jumped up from the bench and took a fighting stance. Pikachu copied his trainer's movements.

"We have company, Pikachu," Ash stated. Pikachu was releasing small statics from his red cheeks.

The approaching star was making its way towards the two heroes quickly. Ash gritted through his teeth. He did not know exactly what it was, but he could tell it was strong just by the speed it was displaying. Just as Ash was about to call for a Thunderbolt because it was getting really close, it suddenly stopped in the air twenty feet away from them. Ash and Pikachu stared at the ball of light cautiously. A few seconds passed before there was a bright flash that blinded the duo. When the flashed disappeared, Ash and Pikachu stopped shielding their eyes and recognized the small, green figure flying in the air.

"Celebi?" Ash called out.

Celebi smiled. "Yup, that's me!"

Ash sighed in relief. "I thought you were a threat."

"Well, I'm sorry to disappoint you," She smiled and turned towards the mouse. "Hi, Pikachu! It's nice to see you again—even though technically it's only been like three or four days..."

"Pika!" Pikachu waved. The little mouse had relaxed when he saw that the ball of light was just Celebi.

Celebi then turned back and looked at Ash again. "So how is everything going?" She asked.

"Um...well, we-,"

"Wait, don't tell me. I know it's going great," Celebi interrupted. "So are you making any progress?"

Ash shrugged and tried to speak again. "I think we-,"

"Wait, I already know that you've already had a positive impact," The small, green legendary Pokémon smiled at the two.

Ash crossed his arms and smiled. "Why don't you tell us how we've been doing so far and then we'll give you our feedback, okay?"

"Okay, if you don't feel like talking first, then it sounds like a plan!" Celebi flew in a few circles before focusing again on Ash and Pikachu. "Well, to keep it short, just know that whatever you guys have done differently has had some impact on the disaster in the future...in some small way at least."

"Um...alright, what does that mean 'in some way'?" Ash asked questioningly. "Shouldn't any change be enough to have an impact?"

"It means that you guys have disrupted the events that had initiated it," Celebi explained. "And no, to your second question. There hasn't been enough change to have some affect, and there is still a great chance that it could happen..."

Ash rubbed his forehead in frustration. He then thought of something else. "Have we at least done enough to at least change my...my doom?" He said hopefully.

"No."

"So why did you say we were making progress then?" Ash was starting to get agitated.

Celebi smiled softly. "Trust me when I say you guys will find out soon enough..."

Ash looked at the green Pokémon puzzlingly. He quickly glanced at Pikachu who just shrugged at him. Ash sighed and looked back at Celebi. "Alright..." He said slowly before he continued. "So we just continue with our plan until something changes?"

"Yeah," Celebi stated. "And it's okay if you guys don't recreate events as they happened before. I heard what you were saying and thought I would clear that problem for you," She paused before she continued. "The whole point of coming to the past was to change events to better the future. You guys can't do that if you are always worried about doing something differently," She took in a deep breath before she continued. "Besides, I told you both before I sent you here that your lives would change indefinitely; don't be afraid of causing change...anyways, when the time comes, I will return and take you guys back to the future."

"I guess you're right about the part about making changes..." Ash then looked at Celebi suspiciously. "It sounds like you're not going to come see us anymore. Will this be the last time you come see us in the past?"

Celebi nodded. "I have other places to visit that need my attention as well...besides, I don't have to worry about you two; I have complete faith that you will both solve this problem with ease."

"I understand," Ash turned and looked at Pikachu. "So what do you think, buddy? Are you ready to continue this and head to Sinnoh?" The little mouse was turning his head left and right looking around restlessly for something. "What is it, Pikachu?"

"Pika Pikachu pi pika," Pikachu said while still scanning the area.

"Someone is close by?"

Pikachu nodded.