Ch 23 Ash Body

"You can start eating if you want, May," Delia said.

"No, it's okay," The young brunette replied. "I can wait for Ash."

At the moment, Mrs. Ketchum and May were sitting at the table. Delia had finished preparing the meal five minutes ago, and Ash still had not come down the stairs yet. Everything was ready on the table for dinner; everyone had a plate full of food served, so they were just waiting for Ash. Well, except for Pikachu who was eating his Pokémon food off to the side of the table. And so the yellow mouse would not feel lonely, May sent out her Eevee to eat with him.

"Sorry it took me a while, but I really enjoyed the shower I was taking," Ash said as he took his seat at the kitchen table. He noticed the two women in front of him were staring at him with their eyes wide and mouths opened in a shocking manner. "What?" He asked. He quickly scanned himself and touched his hair. "Did I get something on my shirt, or is there still shampoo on head?" He didn't get any response. "Come on, you have to give me some kind of hint..."

"Well," Delia said finally regaining her focus. "I guess we just didn't know you were so strong, Ash. You didn't look like that before you left. I mean, your shirt barely fits you," She referred to his shirt that did not have holes in it. "We were just surprised, that's all. Weren't we, May...May?"

The Hoenn native was still staring blankly at Ash. She could not believe the skinny person she said goodbye to few months ago look so—different. May just stared at the trainer's arms which were "popping out" of his shirt as she thought.

Ash realized what his mom was saying and spoke. "Oh yeah, I decided to really train with my Pokémon the past three months, so I could be as strong as them in a way," He explained. He then turned to May and grabbed her by the shoulder. Ash slightly shook her. "May...May?"

May snapped out her trance and blushed furiously. "O-Oh, w-was I spacing out?"

Ash could not help but smile. "No, not really," He replied. "You were just really focused."

This caused Delia to giggle. "How about we eat before the food gets cold, huh?" She recommended.

"Great, because I'm starving!" Ash stated.

With that the trio began to eat their dinner happily. However, May would occasionally glance at Ash.

"Stop looking at him, May," The young brunette kept thinking to herself. "It's just Ash..." She turned and saw Ash smiling at her. After a few seconds, May sweetly smiled back. "Yeah...it's just Ash." After eating dinner, everybody decided it would be best to go to their respective rooms and get some sleep. It was decided that May would occupy the guest room until she and Ash left for the Sinnoh Region. At the moment, Ash was pacing back-and-forth in his room in the dark thinking about the unfortunate events that happened this afternoon while Pikachu was watching him from the bed.

"Did I totally mess this up, Pikachu?"

"Pikachu pi pika, Pikapi."

"I know I said wasn't going to worry about changes anymore—I mean Celebi reassured us that it was okay to but..." Ash paused before he continued. "But I wasn't expecting this to happen. I wasn't expecting May to come to Pallet Town; nor was I expecting her to ask me if we could travel together through the Sinnoh Region! I-I..." He stopped pacing and ran his hands through his hair. "I didn't plan for anything like this; I wasn't prepared for this...what else could go wrong?"

Pikachu jumped off the bed and patted the trainer on the leg trying to comfort him.

"Pikapi, pika pika kapi chu..."

Ash looked down sternly at the mouse. "You're right...this isn't what I really should be worried about, huh?" The trainer walked over to the bed, sat down, and slumped. "I should be worried about May. I don't how this will affect her coordinating career and her future actions. Not to mention, I see the way she looks at me; it's kinda...awkward?" Ash said unsurely, thinking that was the appropriate word. "But it's my fault, though. I keep saying the 'right' things when I should be saying the 'wrong' things to her—at least not to draw that kind of affection from her. Do you understand what I'm trying to say, buddy?"