Ch 58 Young Love

"Where is he?" May asked, worried. "He should've been back by now."

"It's no big deal," Dawn giggled, rolling her eyes. "I bet he got lost."

"Where could he have gotten lost to?" May replied doubtfully. "It's an open meadow, with sharp banks and a river, and almost no trees."

"Ash gets lost everywhere," Dawn said matter-of-factly. Brock laughed.

"Well, if you're worried, why don't you just go get him?" Brock put in.
May scanned the path for any sine of Ash. "I don't see him anywhere, Dawn!"

She called, a sound of panic in her voice. "Now, now, let's not panic here." Dawn said, trying to calm her down.

"It's a little late for that!" May shrieked.

Dawn sweatdropped nervously. "Uh... okay... just, clam down May me...."

May ignored her and smacked her across the back of the head anyway.
"May... What was that for..."
"I'm going back to look for him, stay here with Brock!"

-

"Pika pi! Pika pi! Pika pi!"Pikachu franticly called. Ash lay, slumped against a tree, unmoving.

"Pikachu!" A new voice called.

"Pika!"Pikachu called, relieved to see her.

"Pikachu where's... Ash!" She cried, sprinting to his side.

"Ash, answer me!" She called, kneeling down and taking him into her arms. The boy made no reply and remained mosationless.

"Pikachu, go get Brock! He's just up ahead!" May directed of the Pokemon.

Instantly, the mouse leaped to his feet and ran in the direction she'd told it to.

All it could think about was Ash... Brock was getting worried. It'd been 10 minutes since May left. He and Dawn was about to go look for her, but what if she came back wile he was gone? He was about to send Cobat to go and see if he could find her when he heard a cry of.

"Pika!" Pikachu came running from the bushes.

"Pikachu? Do you know where May or Ash are?" Dawn demanded sharply.

"Pi, chu pika! Pika, pikapi Chu pipikapi!"

Brock didn't catch much of this and by the worried tone in Pikachu's voice, he figured out that something was wrong with Ash.

"You want me to follow you?" He asked. Pikachu nodded vigurlessly.

"Pika pika." He said, sprinting off in the direction of his trainer and May.

-

May pulled Ash's head into her lap. His cheeks were flushed, and his forehead was hot to her touch.

May gently ran her fingers up and down his cheek. She'd always wanted to do this. To hold him and whisper how much she loved him. And to have him whisper that he did too.

"Please Ash, wake up." She whispered, tears beginning to form at the corners of her eyes. "Please, Ash, I need you..." She said. Before, whatever had happened, where ever they'd been, Ash'd been there to help her. He'd always done so, either by catching the Pokemon, or just reassuring her. But, she never thanked him, never repaid him, she only fought with him. Oh sure, she tried to help him, but, she wished she'd done more.

May wasn't able to hold back her tears anymore, and they began to flow down her cheeks.

"Oh god, Ash, why didn't you tell us? Why didn't you tell me? Why didn't I think? Why was I so stupid?!" She yelled, beginning to sob. "You can't die, Ash Ketchum, Y-you just can't!" She cried, beginning to get angry and frustrated with him. Still, no response came from the boy.