Ch 35 Friendship

"I think he landed somewhere in the forest heading to Sandgem Town," Ash said. He arrived on the docks forty-five minutes after leaving on Flygon from the ship. When he reached the small port, Ash gave Flygon another Sitrus Berry before sending it back to Drew. He then began running to make his way towards Twinleaf Town which was not too far from where he was. Ash was walking through Twinleaf Town when he concluded that Pikachu might be somewhere in the forest. "Knowing Pikachu, though," the trainer continued, "he'd know I would've found a way to get here, so he would've came this way to meet me."

Like Pikachu remembered about Sandgem Town, Ash recalled Twinleaf Town in the same manner. The small town was like its appearance from a few months ago. The fresh scent of new leaves in the air and the area was very green. Ash thought it looked greener than before if possible. However, he did not see any sign of Pikachu and sighed.

"That means something else happened when he was making his way," Ash concluded disappointingly. He then began treading down the forest path towards Sandgem Town. "Don't worry, buddy. I'm on my way."

XxXxXxX

"So that Pikachu belongs to a trainer named Ash?" Professor Rowan assessed.

Professor Oak nodded. "I'm surprised you didn't meet him when he was there a few months back."

"No, he never arrived in my laboratory."

"Strange," Oak stated curiously. "Ash usually visits each professor when going to a new region."

"You can bring up the topic with him later, Samuel," Professor Rowan interjected hastily. "I need to see if I can catch up with the girl that wants to return Pikachu to him."

"Yes, of course. You said her name was Dawn...?"

"Yes, and I'll call you back with the details later."

The Sinnoh professor said a quick goodbye before hanging up the phone and running towards the door. He opened the doors and looked for any sign of the blue-haired teen. Unfortunately, there was no one in sight, and Professor Rowan knew he was too late. He sighed frustratingly before turning back into the lab.

"All that poetry caused Samuel to tell a whole story rather than getting to the point," he analyzed. "I'd better tell him I wasn't able to transfer the message."

XxXxXxX

"So, are you sure you want to go back with your trainer?" Dawn asked curiously as she pedaled away from Sandgem Town. She had just entered the forest when she questioned Pikachu.

Pikachu whirled his head around and nodded to her. He wondered why she would ask such a question but could not think of reason.

"Alright, if you say so..."

Dawn focused on the road and smiled. She thought about everything that happened on her first day on her journey. She received her first Pokémon from Professor Rowan and helped a hurt Pokémon she found on her way home.

"This isn't so bad for my first day," she smiled brightly. However, her expression changed to a serious one. Dawn glanced down at Pikachu sitting peacefully in her basket and still did not like the idea of returning him to a "bad" trainer. She decided she would be sure and ask the Electric-type once more. "Pikachu, are you sure you—,"

"Pika!" Pikachu interrupted her pointing forward towards the road.

Dawn quickly looked up but saw nothing. She did not find what he was pointing at until it was too late. She saw a clear, white line going from one side of the road to the other. It was at least two feet from the ground and thick. Dawn immediately applied the brakes on the bike, but the tire already had collided with it—flipping the bike, Dawn, and Pikachu in the process. She landed harshly against the ground and rolled a few feet away from the crash site. Dawn struggled to get up feeling pain a lot in her knee. She glanced at her leg and noticed a large scrape on her right knee. She grimaced at the sight before slowly rising to stand. The blue-haired teen looked for Pikachu, but he was nowhere to be found. Suddenly, she heard a hissing sound coming from the trees. She rapidly scouted the area with her eyes but saw nothing. However, a large, red spider jumped from the tree and startled Dawn. She concluded this was making the strange noise.