Ch 19 Training

Bright flashes could be seen in Pinwheel Forest from Nacrene City.

"98...99...100!" A tired Ash said as he held onto a thick tree branch. "Okay, Pikachu, you can stop shocking me," He just finished doing some "shocking pull-ups" as Pikachu put it.

"Pika pika," Pikachu said as the mouse fell backwards. He and Ash had been training for two hours straight.

"I'm so tired..." Ash let go of the branch and walked over to his bag. He grabbed a towel to clean his face and shirtless body. After traveling and exercising non-stop for the past two months, Ash's body had become exceedingly muscular. It was not as strong, or big in size, as it was in the future, but it would do for now. His shoulders, chest, and back were more thick and broad; his legs were strong and thick; and his stomach displayed a very toned six-pack. In reality, all of his muscles were very toned, but his abs were extremely defined.

"Pika pika pika ka?"

"Huh? No, not Grotle. I think today's match up will be Sliggoo vs Glalie," Ash corrected. "I want Sliggoo to be able to handle itself against ice types.

Pikachu nodded and asked another question. "Pikachu pika pika?"

"I know Charizard is waiting for us," Ash said. "But I want him to get the most training at the Charicific Valley before we go get him. Besides, he doesn't really need me to train him," He turned to see Snorlax swiftly dodge a Leaf Blade from Sceptile. Ash smiled at the progress his Pokémon were making. "One more month and we'll be ready to take on the Sinnoh League...and save the future."                                               "You're making a big mistake, May..." Drew said to himself. He watched quietly while May and her father left the park. He was left alone on the bench to think about the conversation he had just had with May. Drew groaned frustratingly. "Why can't she see that Ketchum will only bring her down? Is she that confused?" He closed his eyes and sighed loudly. He then slowly opened his eyes and grinned while he flicked his hair. "I have a feeling I know where you're going, May. It's a gut feeling, yes, but I'm always right about these things...I have to save you from Ketchum," He stood up from the bench and began walking to the mall where May and Eevee shopped. "I need to buy a few jackets...from what I've researched. After the meeting with Drew at the park, the next few days went by rather quickly for May. She mostly spent the days at home with her family and training her Pokémon. She knew it would be a few months until she saw her parents again when she left on her journey, so she wanted to make the most out of being home. May would talk for hours with her mom about anything they could think of; mainly about focusing on coordinating and having fun with friends. Then, she would spend time with her dad by talking about Ash's battles—at least from her point of view since Max already explained everything to Norman in great detail.

It was the morning of the day May was going to leave for Pallet Town. She was in her room packing her things and necessities into her new, orange bag and small pack she bought from the mall. May remembered Ash saying he was going to leave in four months to Sinnoh, so she wanted to see him a month before to convince him to leave together. Plus, the brunette wanted to spend time with her friend before they started traveling again—if Ash says "yes" that is.

Knock. Knock.

May turned and yelled. "It's open."

Caroline opened the door and smiled. "Packed up and ready to go, May?"

"Yeah, I'm ready," May answered. "It feels kinda weird to be leaving without Max, though..."

"I bet it is," Caroline responded. "But your dad already explained to you why he wants Max to stay home, right? So he can learn more about battling in a gym...your dad does want Max to take his place as the gym leader one day, you know."