Ch 34 Dawn

Pikachu slowly fluttered his eyes open and noticed the tall trees surrounding him. He felt a tinge of pain in his left arm and saw a few scrapes scattered around the area. He knew this was probably caused by crashing into the trees—not from the Solarbeam which he deduced to be less powerful than he thought. Pikachu then cautiously stood up and looked around to see if he could get an idea where he was at. He guessed that he was somewhere between Sandgem and Twinleaf Town. He figured Ash would be heading to Twinleaf Town right now in some way, so the mouse believed the best thing for him to do would be to head towards the small town.

It took Pikachu about five minutes to find the main road, so he can begin making his way. He decided it would be best since going through the forest directly would most likely result in encountering random Pokémon that weren't so friendly. Pikachu was sure he could battle any opponent even with his injuries, but he knew it wasn't necessary. The yellow rodent looked in both directions before deciding that heading right would lead him to Twinleaf Town.

Pikachu had walked for ten minutes when his ears perked up from a far sudden noise behind him. It was getting closer. He recognized the sound and knew a bike was approaching his direction. The yellow mouse quickly jumped into a nearby bush—not wanting to get noticed by the traveler and be misjudged as a wild Pokémon. Unfortunately, Pikachu heard the bike make an abrupt stop in front of his hiding position and knew he had been compromised.

"Oh, wow! That was a Pikachu!" A soft voice exclaimed happily.

Pikachu's eyes went wide in disbelief as he recognized the voice. He peeked his head slowly through the bush to make sure his assumption was right, and he was. Unbelievably, it was Dawn. He jumped out of the bush and saw the teenage blue-haired girl smiling at him. Not once in Pikachu's mind did he think he would run into her. It never occurred to him. She was wearing her white beanie with a pink Poké ball in the middle, her black V-neck tanktop with a white undershirt and pink skirt, and her pink knee-high boots with black socks underneath. He was happy, yet annoyed, about seeing her. He was happy that he found someone he knew but very annoyed that she had the same determined expression as she did before to try and capture him. He sighed to himself. Maybe there were some things that couldn't be changed with time travel.

"I knew it!" Dawn said pumping her fists in the air. She pulled out a Poké ball from her bag and enlarged it. "You're going to be the first Pokémon I catch in my journey. Go!" She threw the ball fiercely at Pikachu.

Pikachu pretended to be intimidated as the Poké ball raced in his direction, but he merely turned around hastily and whipped his tail hitting the ball back to her.

Dawn caught the Poké ball sent back to her and stared at Pikachu sadly. "Aww, why didn't that work? He must belong to somebody already," she pouted. She then noticed Pikachu's arm was slightly red and became worried as she approached the yellow Pokémon. "Oh, are you hurt?"

Pikachu lifted his small arm to show her his injuries. They were minor, but he knew Dawn would be concerned enough to help him.

"You are hurt," Dawn concluded after seeing the red marks closely. She gently picked him up and placed him in the basket on her bike. She turned the cycle around and got on to start pedaling. "I'll take you to see Professor Rowan. He'll fix you up no time, okay?"

"Pika!" Pikachu said whipping his head around to look at her. "Pikachu pi pika pika pika," he pointed in the opposite direction towards Twinleaf Town. He wanted to meet Ash instead of being healed.

"Hey, no need to worry," Dawn reassured with a smile. "Professor Rowan is in Sandgem Town going this way. You just relax and enjoy ride!"

Pikachu slumped and rubbed his head with his right hand. Even when things started looking well for him, today was not the yellow mouse's day.