Ch 40 Finding you

What do you say...?"

Ash scratched his cheek as he contemplated her suggestion. He knew May wouldn't object to the idea resting for a bit, but he really wanted to get going already. He felt like he wasted enough time with everything that's happened today. However, Ash took too long to decide that Dawn answered for him.

"He'll be back with May when he finds her," she estimated. Her comment earned her honest expressions from her mom and Ash. She merely smiled at their responses. "They have to come back, so we could all leave together!"

"You're going to travel with them?" Joanna asked curiously.

Dawn nodded happily. "Yeah. Ash offered me the chance to go with them, and I think it's the best thing for me to do..."

"That's great to hear, honey."

Ash was slightly surprised at first, but then he realized his plan worked and congratulated himself mentally on a good job.

"Okay," he spoke up. "I'll be back in a little bit, then."

"We'll wait for you here, okay?" Dawn said.

Ash nodded and began making his way with Pikachu to go find May.

"Don't take so long!" Dawn yelled to Ash and Pikachu as they distanced themselves.

"Dawn, don't act like that," Joanna scolded her daughter. "He just became your friend and you're treating him in that way."

The young blue-haired teen's expression turned to a soft one as she regarded her mom. "It's weird, mom," she began in low tone. "There's something about him that seems so familiar and...so comforting. It's hard to describe in words, but...I don't know."

"Okay, let's go inside and you can explain this 'weird' feeling," Joanna suggested with sly smile.

"It's not like that, mom," Dawn said, noting the look she was receiving.

"Whatever you say, dear," the older woman teased as they began making their way back to the house. "I saw the way you kept glancing at him..."

"Mom!"

"Hey, I'm just saying what I see."

Dawn sighed. "Well, it's kinda hard not to look. He's just so mesmerizing to look at..."

Joanna laughed at her daughter's honesty. "I understand, dear," she admitted as she thought of how strong the trainer appeared physically. "Not many boys around his age look like he does. He must've worked hard to get like that."

"Yeah, he probably did..." Dawn said thoughtfully. She then shook her head to clear her thoughts. "There's no worry about stuff like that right now, though. I'm, more focused on winning Sinnoh Contests!"

"That's my girl," Joanna thought proudly.

"Besides," the teen continued. "I think he likes May but won't admit it."

"True, that's a possibility," her mom stated as she put a hand on her cheek. They began to walk back to the house when she came to a conclusion. "She could be his girlfriend."

"He said she wasn't."

"How personal did you both get coming back home?" Joanna questioned as she opened the door to the house.

"Somewhat personal," Dawn replied as entered her home with Piplup. She could smell the lunch her mom had been preparing and breathed in deeply. "It's kinda a long story."

Her mom responded as she closed the door. "Well, we've got some time, so start explaining."
XxXxXxX

"Where could he be..." May muttered to herself worryingly.

"We'll find him, May," Brock reassured his friend.

After arriving in Twinleaf Town fifteen minutes ago, May and Brock had been searching for any sign of Ash and Pikachu. The town was not big, but it was very spread out—the houses and other buildings weren't close to each other which made it difficult for them to scout the entire town quickly. So far, they have had no luck.

They began to ask people if they had seen Ash around to get some help. May would describe his appearance because she knew it would be very distinguishable to other things. Brock was going to ask her if Ash was really the way she made him out to be but thought if they found Ash, he'd find out then. Many people said they saw someone pass by not too long ago with the description but didn't know where he went. They admitted to May and Brock that he looked intimidating to stare at, so they didn't bother paying attention in order not to cause trouble with him. It was after asking ten individuals that they decided to take a break and sit on a nearby bench.

"If anything, Ash will find us," Brock stated, patting her back to comfort her. He could tell it wasn't working and decided the only thing to do was to continue looking. "Come on," the breeder stood up determinedly. "He has to be around here somewhere. There's no way he could disappear without anyone knowing where he was heading."

May clenched her fists and stood. "You're right," she stated, knowing moping wouldn't get them anywhere. "Let's keeping looking."

The duo gathered their things and began searching for Ash and Pikachu again. May thought it would be helpful to split up and ask everyone this time. She told Brock to ask everyone that was passing by on the road and she would knock on people's homes to ask those individuals. They both agreed that they would meet up in ten minutes with their findings.

May began going door-to-door of different homes with less success than before. Nobody had seen anyone with the description she was giving them. It was until she arrived in front of a nice, brown home with beautiful off to the right that she received what she was looking for.

She sadly walked up the porch and knocked on the door. She didn't believe this house would be any different from the rest. When the door opened, May saw a blue-haired girl around her age smiling at her.

"Hi," May began, grinning slightly to be nice. "My name is May, and I'm looking for—,"

"You're May Maple!" The teen interrupted excitingly. She took a deep breath and recollected herself. "Sorry. You're looking for Ash, right?"

May's eyes quickly perked up. "You know who I'm talking about?!"

"Yeah," the blue-haired teen smiled brightly before realizing something. "Oh, I'm sorry again. My name is Dawn. I'm a friend of Ash!"

"Y-You're a friend of Ash?" May was taken back by her comment.

Dawn nodded eagerly.

The brunette, now, really viewed the girl in front of her. She admitted this girl was really beautiful and her figure was almost as developed as hers. May shook her head to clear her thoughts. "I can't be acting like this right now," She told herself. "Um, i-is he in there right now...?" She found herself nervous to know the answer to her question.

Dawn gave her a confused expression while shaking her head. "No, but that's weird," she stated. "He said he was going to look for you and come back here."

"He was going to come back here?"

"Yeah, with you," Dawn said happily. She then clasped her hands in excitement. "I'm sorry for acting like this, but I just can't believe you're here! You're a wonderful coordinator, May. One of the best according to mom!"

"O-Oh, I'm not all that," May blushed from the comments.

"Don't try to down yourself," the blue-haired teen argued while crossing her arms. "From what I've seen and from what Ash said about you, you're amazing!"

"He talked about me to you?"

"Yup," Dawn said nodding.

For some reason, this caused May to smile warmly to herself.