Ch 37 Family

The ship's horn rang loudly throughout the port as it safely docked.

"Thank you for your patience," the captain's voice announced over the monitor. "We hope you enjoyed the cruise and hope you enjoy your stay here in Twinleaf Town. Please follow the attendants' instructions as you exit the ship. Thank you."

"Alright, everyone," said a man in the attendant's uniform near the exit ramp. He clapped his hands to get everyone's attention. "Please walk as you are leaving. We don't want anyone to get hurt, so please no running. And exit in an orderly fashion." Despite the worker's guidelines, May and Drew were moving quickly through the crowd going down the ramp.

"Excuse me," May would say getting through people. She bumped into a few individuals while trying to make her way. "Pardon me...sorry, I'm just in a rush...can you move—thanks."

Drew was following closely behind her and would receive the angry looks from the people she was hitting. "Sorry about her," he told them with a nervous grin. "She just, uh, really has to use the bathroom...when you gotta go, you gotta go, you know?" The people would then nod in understanding and smile at Drew to which he would sigh in relief.

When they reached the docks, May and Drew began looking to see if they could find Ash. But he was nowhere to be seen.

"He said he'd be here when we docked," she sighed frustratingly. She then turned to Drew with a stony look. "We should've taken Flygon when it got back to the ship. We might've gotten here sooner if we did..."

"May," Drew began to defend himself, "it took Flygon almost two hours to drop off Ketchum and come back. We were only an hour away when it finally showed up on the ship. It wouldn't have been worth it to put Flygon through that kind of strain. You know Ketchum would've have thought the same."

May sighed once more. She knew he was right.

"May? Is that you?"

The brunette quickly whirled her head after hearing her name. Her irritated expression turned into a bright smile when she saw the breeder standing behind her.

"Brock!" May exclaimed happily as she gave him a quick hug. She let him go before she continued. "I didn't think I'd see you here...well, here in the port, that is."

"Same here," Brock said with a confused expression. "I thought you'd be in Johto right now competing in the Pokémon Contests with your rivals...though, it seems like you all decided to come to Sinnoh instead," he noted after seeing the green-haired teen standing behind her. "How've you been, Drew?"

Drew flicked his hair. "I've been fine. I'm just trying to be—,"

"We can skip the introductions for later," May sternly interrupted him. She turned to Brock again. "Have you seen Ash around?"

"No," he said while shaking his head. "I was actually going to look for him while I headed to Twinleaf Town. I always end up finding him somewhere. We could look together if you want? Unless you and Drew want to leave already to register for the contests. I could tell Ash that I saw you here in the Sinnoh Region. I'm sure he'd be surprised to hear that."

"Huh?" May questioned. She then realized what he was trying to say and wanted to clarify the misunderstanding. "Oh, no, I'm not here traveling with Drew," she stated, waving her hands frantically to dismiss the idea. "I actually came here with Ash."

"Okay, now I'm confused," Brock said while crossing his arms. "Why isn't Ash with you then?"

May proceeded to tell him the events that occurred on the ship. She began from the moment that Ash and Drew battled to when Ash flew on Flygon to go look for Pikachu. She glossed over eating lunch with Drew since it was irrelevant.

Brock clenched fists infuriatedly. "So, Team Rocket is here the Sinnoh Region, too...those three never learn," he commented before continuing. "You said Ash promised to be here by the time you guys arrived, right?"

May frowned and nodded.

"Okay, so that means something else must've happened. Ash is not one to say one thing and do another."

"If that's so, then we should go look for him," Drew interjected.

Brock and May both nodded in agreement.

They all turned to head to Twinleaf Town when someone called out to them.

"Excuse me," exclaimed a womanly voice from behind. They all looked to see a woman with short, red hair that came down to her neck standing close to them. She was wearing a stripped white and grey dress with white boots that came up to her knees. However, her most distinct feature seemed to be her eyes. They were beautifully sharp and piercing red, which allured the trio's focus. "Are you Drew?" She asked politely to the green-haired teen.

"Wow!" Brock answered before Drew could say anything. He pushed him aside and swiftly grabbed the woman's hands. "Yes, he's Drew, but let's not waste time talking about him," Brock continued with an adored expression. "Let's talk how beautiful destiny is for bringing us together at this very moment. Our love for each other will be brighter than those gorgeous eyes of yours!"

The woman laughed nervously as she pulled her hands away from the breeder. "I think it's just my eyes and my destiny that will be bright..."

"Aaahhh!" Brock said as grabbed his chest with his right hand. He slumped and put his head down. "Rejected and I haven't even reached the first town yet..."

Drew cautiously moved a sulking Brock out of his way to walk up to the mysterious woman. "I'd apologize for his behavior, but I don't know him good enough to say if he was joking or he really meant it...anyways, like he said I'm Drew...and you are?"

"Oh, my name is not important," the woman said smiling while dismissing the question. Her smile was just as sharp as her eyes. "I'm here to take you to see your uncle. He wants to see you."

"My uncle?"

"Yes," she replied seriously. "He heard you were coming to town and instructed me to find you when you arrived. And he wants to see you right away, so if you don't mind..." She stepped aside and urged him by gesturing with her arm to walk with her.

Drew was about to follow her when he remembered what he was going to do. He turned and viewed May smiling at him.

"It's okay, Drew," she reassured with a soft smile. May put a hand on his shoulder as she continued. "I'll tell Ash that you had do something with your family. He'll understand."

He thought about what she said before smirking and flicking his hair. "Alright. Tell Ketchum I'm really sorry for what happened, and I guess I'll see you at the first Pokémon Contest."

"I'll be ready!" May grinned confidently as she removed her hand.

With that Drew followed the red-haired woman in the opposite direction of his rival. In a few minutes, the two were lost in the crowd and out of their sight.

May watched them disappear before shaking her head to focus again.

"Let's go, Brock," she said to her heartbroken friend. "Ash is in trouble."

"How can you tell?" The breeder asked as he regained his composure. They began running towards Twinleaf Town at full speed as May responded.

"I don't know but...I just do." XxXxXxX.                                                                   "I have to say, you are a rather spirited trainer" a man in a hoodie admits. After defeating a Mega-Charizard, Charizard flies by his trainer's side.

Not one to take a loss lightly, the trainer recalls his Pokémon. "I'll just keep training until I'm strong enough to defeat you" a dark gray-haired teen lets out. His goal was to become the strongest mega evolution user around.

"I'll wait for you rematach whenever you're ready" he walks over to his opponent, extending his hand. "I'm Red by the way" he introduces himself.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Alain" the teen introduces himself as well.