Ch 44 Red Vs Cynthia

"Hey! Did you here? The Champion is here at Eterna City! She's also heading here to visit the statues!"

There was then an atmosphere of excitement, the trainers were ecstatic on the idea of seeing the Sinnoh Pokemon Champion.

Red however had other plans in his mind. This was a perfect chance to see Sinnoh's best in action.

Hehehehe, looks like coming here wasn't' so much of a waste of time after all.

"Look there she is! It's Cynthia the Sinnoh Pokemon Champion!"

"She's here!"

"Oh god! She's so pretty"

"Think we could get her autograph?"

"Hey if you go first I'll follow you"

The trainers gawked as Cynthia climbed up the steps to the statues of Dialga and Palkia. Her golden hair flowed gracefully along the wind, this made some of the fanboy trainers to faint as they saw the beauty of Cynthia.

Cynthia smiled and waved the other trainers, but some part of her mind wished they would come closer and treat her as if she was just like them, a normal trainer. One of the bad things when being the Champion was that other people considered you such a celebrity that they would be shy to even be half a meter close to you.

Some of the trainers got a little closer though; they asked for her autograph, they asked questions about her battle style, her pokemon, and her adventures, one of them asked for a battle-.... Wait WHAT!

One of the trainers exclaimed, the people surrounding Cynthia gave way to the person who asked, what seemed to them, a very foolish question. This man who was examining the statues a little while ago beamed at Cynthia with an expectant smile.

"Cynthia, I challenge you to a pokemon battle!" He repeated.

Cynthia was surprised at the trainer; after all it had been a long time since she had been challenged to field battle. She quickly regained her composure.

"I gladly accept your challenge"

The trainer dispersed giving both of them just enough room for a battle field.

"That guy must be nuts!"

"He's got a screw loose that's for sure."

"Challenging the champion, he must be real masochist wanting to get humiliated"

"Maybe he's strong?"

"Or maybe he thinks too much of himself"

"Or maybe he just doesn't know she's the Champion"

"Either way he already called it. Let's see how he gets beat."

The trainers were watching Red in disbelief. Although they were eagerly anticipating Cynthia's pokemon in action, even if it meant that the opponent would be utterly humiliated.

Cynthia however was eyeing the Kanto Champion trainer with much interest. Not only did he challenge her to a battle knowing full well of her status, he challenged her with unflinching eyes. Even now he was smiling as though he had gotten the best birthday gift ever. Also there was something about him, she could not understand but he looked very familiar.

"So Cynthia, how about we do it 4 on 4, I usually go with 3 on 3 but given the circumstances 4 on 4 would be a most interesting battle."

Cynthia smiled getting intrigued by the boy even more. "Fine I accept those terms."

"Seriously! He challenged her to a 4 on 4 battle? He should just have gone with 1 on 1. You know use his most powerful pokemon, I mean at least he might stand a chance a little."