Ch 21 Nightmare future

Xx 2 years in the old Future xX. After Serena finally achieved her lifelong dream, she felt a sense of accomplishment that made her all giddy as she stood in front of thousands of her fans. She waved happily as the crowd would cheer her even louder. Today she had become the Kalos Queen, a title that she chased after since her journey with Ash, Clemont and Bonnie. She smiled happily at her friends who held equal joy in their eyes.

At the age of 17 now, Serena had outgrown her baby features and looked more exotic and eye candy worthy. Her chest had bloomed finely within few years and her face just got even more attractive than before. She was easily the most beautiful girl across the whole region.

"Miss Serena, now that you have been crowned the new Kalos Queen, what is your plans? Where do you go from here?" One of the many interviewer, asked. The flashing lights would definitely turn her blind if it wasn't morning. She gracefully sat down on her chair, which was in the stage where the ceremony was taking place. Everyone eagerly waited for her reply. Anticipation of the press was amusing to her to say the least as their pens were attached to their notes, ready to jot down whatever came from her mouth. Serena wasn't new to all this attention. When all this first started, her first contest to be specific, she was all nervous and had hard time keeping her voice steady. But with time came experience. She wasn't the same nervous child anymore. She was confident and graceful with her words. Skills that she got from her journey that will always be her strong points.

"My plans have always been to achieve the top." She replied blissfully with her charming smile.

"So miss Serena, are you saying you haven't reached your goal yet? Do you plan any alternate career?"

Serena briefly closed her eyes. Once she opened her eyes with newfound determination, she nodded. "I got offers from few Showbiz industries."

The reporters quickly posed more questions. She stood up and smiled before turning her heels. The guard escorted her back inside the building. But just before she left, one question struck her.

"Is it true that you are dating someone?"

She turned around and looked at the female reported who had asked the question. Seeing her nervously holding the pen, it was evident that she was new. Serena took a deep breath before replying.

"I am not dating anyone. I plan to keep it that way for foreseeable times. I want to concentrate on my acting career and don't need a distraction." She then forced a smile, clearly annoyed from the question. "Hope this clears up any such questions on my sexual life. Thanks."

(Scene Change- three days later)

To celebrate her success in the Kalos Queen Competition, Serena invited her closest friend Shauna and her travelling companions to a five star hotel. She was dressed nicely in a white skirt and white tops, leaving her long honey-blonde hair loose freely. She smiled brightly seeing Ash, Clemont and Bonnie join her in the round fancy round table.

"Serena!" Bonnie greeted excitedly to her older sister figure. Clemont waved his hand but his eyes were too fixed at the surrounding. This was the first time they had met in such an expensive place. Serena had told them that her recruitment company had all the expenses covered and they needn't pay a dime. So of course he was excited to try all the luxuries they had to offer.

"You haven't called since the interview, is everything alright Serena?" Ash asked with a slight worry in his voice. After travelling together for so long, it felt weird separated from her for a while. He knew the reason why he felt this way. It wasn't because of the separation, there had been many companions he had stopped travelling with. While he felt bad leaving them, it wasn't the same feeling with Serena. He loved her. He had been keeping it a secret from her for a while. He had planned to confess to her after winning the Kalos region tournament. But life didn't always go as planned. He had come real close to winning the tournament this time, placing in the second position, only loosing to the current Pokemon Master. To everyone it was awesome but he knew it wasn't good enough. It's not his first tournament so he had no excuse. He was really touched by the fact that he kept loosing but when Serena won her contest, it made him feel happy. It gave him a newfound determination to keep trying until he achieved his dream.