(003.) THEIR FACELESS ISSUES

CHAPTER THREE. ✧ ೃ༄
❝ THEIR FACELESS ISSUES. ❞

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

"Hi, Corpse. Hi, Dave."

Angelica took off her shoes by the entrance as she entered Corpse's apartment, her gaze immediately set on the two men sitting by the couch just mindlessly talking with one another.

"Hey, idiot," Corpse greeted, standing up to hug her. She hugged him back and patted the back of his head since they were the same height. "What are you doing here?"

"Eh, I just decided to visit you since I am here for a bit before I go back to Florida," Angelica answered, hugging Dave next as the red-haired man smiled at her. "Very stressful few days."

Taking off her mask, the girl sighed and sat down on the floor while the two glanced at her and sat back on their seats. Corpse glanced at her and noticed the prominent darkness surrounding her eyes and the countless of times she had yawned.

"That bad, huh?" Dave questioned, noticing the things Corpse had noticed, too. Angelica nodded.

"That bad," she replied. "I swear, I love my mom, I do. But she really struck a nerve today. She reminded me of why I'm faceless."

"Did she yell at you again?" Corpse asked, resting his forearms on his thighs as he leaned forward.

"Oh, yeah," Angelica snorted. "She can yell at me all she wants. I got used to it. It's the repetitive comments comparing me to my cousin from my Tia Karla's side," she turned to Dave who appeared confused. "My Aunt Karla has a daughter that's my age and she's in college. She's very beautiful, smart, too. She was just a major bitch when I last saw her. We all have that one cousin."

"What about your dad?" Dave asked.

"Eh, he was there," Angelica shrugged. "He didn't really care that I was there because I left home as soon as I turned 18 and he didn't like that," she turned to look around the house and her eyes set on the counter. She turned back to look at Corpse. "Hey, can I get something to eat?"

"You have a key, 'Li," Corpse chuckled. "This is basically your home. Go ahead."

"Wait," Dave gave his friend a shocked face, "you gave her a key?"

"Yeah," Corpse nodded. "She used to unexpectedly show up to my house at 5 am and would scare the crap out of me when I would wake up hearing someone breaking in," his voice got louder and he gave his hungry friend a playful glare. "She knows how to break in so I just gave her a damn key so she wouldn't give me a damn heart attack in the middle of the night."