(052.) IT'S RAINING HEARTBREAKS

CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO. ✧ ೃ༄
❝ IT'S RAINING HEARTBREAKS. ❞

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

"Rosas! Are you in your room?"

Angelica frowned at the name, looking up from her packed books. "Yes?"

"Can I come in?"

"Yeah."

Angelica quickly taped the box she had placed her books in and looked up when she heard Dream shuffling in. He doesn't know that she knows about why he was there. He was shifting from one foot to another and was fidgeting with his fingers, clearly showing signs of awkwardness and uncomfortableness.

Just as he opened his mouth with his gaze set on his fingers, he heard the way the tape Angelica was using let out some type of screeching sound.

"What are you doing?" Dream asked, eyebrows furrowed.

"Um," Angelica puffed her cheeks as she looked around her room, "I'm packing up."

"Oh."

"Yeah," Angelica awkwardly nodded. "Uh, Genesis had a room so she offered it to me. I'm clearly going to take up that offer since it's my sister, you know?"

"Yeah, yeah," Dream gulped. "Of course."

"Did you need something?" Angelica furrowed her eyebrows, knowing full well that he was going to talk to her about her having to move. Thank goodness Drista had told her because she would've been embarrassed if Dream just kicked her out.

"Yeah, I wanted to speak—"

"Did that kiss meant anything?"

Dream furrowed his eyebrows at her blunt question before letting out a deep sigh. "Look, I-I'm sorry." Angelica mimicked the same facial expression, placing the box on the floor. He continued. "I just wanted to clear up that it's not... you. It's not about you. I just..." He took a deep inhale, "I stopped believing in relationships a long time ago. I'm sorry."

Angelica reminisced back in those days when she would confess to someone and they would say, 'I like your sister... I'm sorry.' Genesis wouldn't be happy at all considering that her sister kept getting turned down by these assheads and would later deny their confessions.

As much as Angelica wished she would be used to those words, God... His words still sent a sudden pain in her chest that made her throat clog up with emotion.

"I didn't want to initiate anything," Dream went on. "I shouldn't have kissed you when I knew that you liked me. I shouldn't have kissed you when I knew nothing would come out of that kiss."

She wanted to scream at him. God, she wanted to scream so loud until some type of living being out of Earth could hear her. She didn't know why his words hurt her more than the others. Maybe it was because she got to know Dream as a friend, she got to meet his family who got along with her well, and he just understood her. He understood her so well when she felt at her lowest point. He understood.

But, as much as Angelica wanted to scream at him, she nodded. "I'll be out of your hair in a few hours."

She turned to head towards the bathroom before turning around to face Dream who was already staring at her. "The one thing I dislike the most is that... you kissed me and basically pushed me away like our friendship didn't matter."

"Our friendship was already ruined when I initiated that kiss, Angelica," Dream continued looking at her. "It was a mistake to do so in the beginning."

"It was a mistake?" Angelica mumbled.

"Look, to save you the pain, you should just... leave. It-It would just..." Dream stuttered out, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"You know," Angelica started, her eyes starting to gloss with tears, "I was talking with my dad today about you," it was true they did talk after her mom's announcement, "and, he asked me if I loved you. I couldn't help but think that maybe I do."

"Angelica—"

"I'm not done," Angelica looked back at him, "I just... For once in my life I learned to love somebody but you made it very clear that you can't love somebody or be in love. I felt stupid for loving someone who clearly didn't return those feelings back. I thought that, you know, maybe, just maybe, loving you would be worth the pain, but as I stand here right in front of you... I-I can't ignore what I feel, Clay. I know loving me, for example, wouldn't be too easy considering the fact that I've been told I'm too fucked up," she let out a sarcastic chuckle, "and that I'm complicated to have feelings for and it's understandable."

Dream listened intently as she continued, tears falling from her eyes.

"I always felt like I wasn't good enough for anyone," Angelica licked her lips as she wiped away her tears, "and now I feel stupid for ever believing that I would be good enough for you."

"Angelica, that's not—" Dream began, a frown still etched on his face as he heard the words that escaped her mouth.

"You don't need to explain yourself," Angelica cut him off, waving him off. "I told you that I liked you and you made it very clear you didn't like me and didn't believe in love or relationships anymore. But yet, I hoped that deep in your heart, you would like me back just a little bit. Not a lot, just a little. I tried so hard to make you stop thinking about your ex," Dream perked your at this, "but... It's very clear that you still think about her and like her. That was my first mistake;believing that you would somehow like me back. I-I know that she is still holding onto your heart and your brain, I know. I just... I love you so much and I know you won't return those feelings and that's okay."

"I'm sorry, Angelica," Dream could only say, shaking his head as he closed his eyes, "I just-I just... I can't love you. I'm sorry."

Angelica felt the pain in her chest get bigger and thank God, thank-fucking-God, that the doorbell rang just as silence surrounded them.

Angelica sniffled and wiped the tears falling from her cheeks. "Can you get that? Genesis and her boyfriend said they were coming to help me pack."

Dream nodded and without a word, he walked away, leaving her alone with a hollow pain digging itself up her throat.

But just as he made it out the door, he heard Angelica speak to him again. He didn't turn around and she didn't dare look up at his back.

"I'm sorry for ever falling in love with you."

"Believe me," Dream muttered, "you don't feel as sorry as I am not being able to return those feelings."

As she heard his footsteps transcend down the stairs, she covered her mouth with the back of her palm, silencing the sobs that dared escaped her lips.

"Vic?" Genesis called out before peaking into her sister's room. Her eyes widened as she eyed her sister's stated, hurriedly rushing to her shaking body. Chris, Genesis's husband, closed the door, heading towards the two and joining the hug. "Hey, hey, hey, what's wrong?"

"I just want to get out of here," Angelica sobbed out, continuing to wipe her tears away.

Genesis nodded.

"Yeah, of course! Come on, Chris and I can come back later and pack your things. We got Tio Fernando to come help us, too, so it'll be quicker, okay?"

"Okay."

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I have summer school tomorrow
and this whole entire thing has been
stuck in my head, hence the reason
why I'm updating so late (it's 2 am)

So... are you okay?