(023.) THEIR LATE CAR RIDES AT 5 AM

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE. ✧ ೃ༄
❝ THEIR LATE CAR RIDES AT 5 AM. ❞

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Dream eyed the time on his computer, sighing as the numbers "4:52 AM" tainted him. He's been awake for hours and yet, he didn't feel tired at all. He leaned back against his chair, resting his hands on the arms and wondering what to do that will make him a bit tired.

He perked up at the idea that popped in his head and which much hesitation, he stood up and headed towards the room upstairs. As soon as he stood in front of the door, he raised his fist and softly knocked before peaking his head in.

"Angelica?" He called out. The girl hummed in response. "Are you sleeping?"

"No," she answered back with the same quiet tone he used. Why? No idea. After all, they were the only ones that lived in his house. "Why?"

"Wanna go for a ride?" Dream whispered again. "I can't sleep."

"As long as we get something to eat," Angelica said and he thought about it.

"Fine, but you're paying," Angelica sat up in the dark and Dream hummed. "I'll wait for you in the car. Wear something warm or just bring your entire blanket."

"Okay."

Closing the door, Dream headed downstairs towards his car where he patiently sat inside, waiting for the girl to come out of the house. After a minute, she came out of the house, a mask covering her lower face while a blanket was wrapped tightly around her. She gestured for him to turn down his window and he did.

"Do I lock the door?" She asked. He nodded and she quickly locked it before heading towards the car. She got in and Dream glanced at her.

"Are you warm?"

"Yep," she answered, eyeing the thin hoodie he had on. She shook her head and he drove off, making the girl give him a side-glance since he drove with one hand and the other was placed on the bottom of the wheel. "Can I connect my phone?"

"Go ahead," Dream glanced at her phone that she had taken off and glanced to make sure no cars were coming. "Where do you wanna go?"

"Anywhere," Angelica answered. "I'm just hungry."

"At least you're eating," he told her, staring at her when they stopped at a red light. "Are you feeling a bit okay?"

"A bit," she nodded. "I mean, I got myself out of bed and decided to come with you. I was actually going to say no but, I decided that maybe a ride around won't be too much of a problem."