(040.) LATE NIGHT SECRETS

CHAPTER FORTY. ✧ ೃ༄
❝ LATE NIGHT SECRETS. ❞

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

"Tell me something about you that many don't know about."

"My real name's Victoria."

Dream gasped and glanced at her, making sure he was staying on the road. "Angelica!"

"What?" Angelica chuckled, eyeing him as he kept looking at her and then looking back at the road. He seemed flabbergasted, shocked, eyes wide while nervously clutching the wheel of the car. "Are you okay? Do you need me to drive?"

"You just told me your real name!" Dream exclaimed, keeping his hands on the wheel. "What the hell, Angelica?"

"What?" She shrugged as if she hadn't just dropped something on him. Dream still couldn't process it. He kept repeating the name all over again in his head. Victoria Angelica. Such a weird combo of names but it... suit her. "Are you sure you don't want me to drive? You're spacing off."

"Your name is beautiful," Dream commented after seconds of silence. "I... Why did you tell me?"

"You seem like someone who can keep secrets," Angelica hummed, staring out the car window to see if the moon will follow them. "Hmm, should I have not told you?"

"No, it's just..." Dream sighed. "Why me?"

"You're trustworthy," Angelica smiled at him as he took a look at her. "I know you're not going to say my name and spread it everywhere. I know I can trust you."

"It really is an honor, Ang," Dream smiled back at her, stopping at a red sign while music played in the background, keeping them comfortable. "You know what we've never talked about?" The hum he received back indicated that the girl was listening. "About why we hated each other."

"What do you mean why we hated each other?" Angelica chuckled. "You should know. You started everything."

"Me?" Dream pointed at himself.

"Yes, you," Angelica turned to face him as best as she could in the car seat. "When we were first introduced to each other, you were a dick. You kept responding in short answers and you were rude to me until you just... left. Later on, my fans were defending me and they started hating on you which you didn't like because then you responded and attacked me and my community. Had to take a mental health break because I got a lot of hate and lost lots of fans that I regained once I ignored the problem and continued my thing. I tried defending you at first but when you started roasting me and saying my name in a negatively manner, I also defended myself."

"I always thought you insinuated the hate your fans gave me," Dream frowned. "I just think our fans started arguing with each other to the point where we made ourselves look bad. Especially me. I always, and sometimes do now, act on what I'm feeling. Like, if I'm mad or annoyed, I will say something about it and sometimes delete it later on. But, I'm sorry for lashing out and saying your name in a negative manner. You didn't deserve any of it."