(042.) UNDER THE MOON AND STARS

CHAPTER FORTY-TWO. ✧ ೃ༄
❝ UNDER THE MOON AND STARS. ❞

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

"Wow, have we ever done this at night?"

Dream chuckled at Angelica's question, placing his hands behind his head as the two laid down on top of the blanket he had placed in the backyard. Music played from Angelica's phone, leaving them surrounded in a serene mood, not worrying about streams since Angelica had now developed Dream's lack of streams.

"I don't think we have at night," Dream mumbled as if speaking any louder he would wake up the neighbors. He would, though. It was really late, about 2 am. "We have gone in car rides but never just... enjoyed the stars."

Angelica didn't feel nervous at all at confessing to Dream. Well, she was. A tiny bit. They hated each other, they barely called each other friends, and now she wondered if Dream still hated her... No, he couldn't. They already talked it out and are cool with each other now, but, there was still that nagging voice in the back of her head telling her otherwise.

"You know," Angelica spoke, feeling Dream stare at her as she continued looking up, "I was always fascinated with the stars when I was younger, maybe around 10 years old, that I wanted to become an astronomer."

"What happened to that?"

Angelica snorted. "My parents told me I wouldn't be able to find good jobs which meant that I wouldn't be earning money. They scared me to the point where I just wanted to major in English. I got scholarships for volleyball but, I couldn't do it. What about you? I've heard that you ran away from cops and were threatened to get tased?"

Dream chuckled. "Yeah, I wasn't the best teenager out there. I didn't want to go to school, I didn't want to do anything, basically. I almost dropped out of school but got put into online school instead so I could at least graduate."

Angelica eyed him out of her the corner of her eye, eyeing the way his eyes glazed with tears because of the harsh wind blowing on them, his cheekbones and nose were pink and he was wearing the rings that she had gifted him while she was wearing the one he had gifted her.

She looked away from him and looked at the sky again, watching the stars mimic a wink. "God, it's really beautiful."

"I know," Dream nodded, a small smile forming on his lips as he eyed the perfect scenery. "This is... so nice. This is so perfect and-and I enjoy these quiet moments with you. It feels nice."

Angelica smiled at his words and looked to her side, eyeing the sleeping pets who were very eager to be with their owners.

"Can I admit something?" She spoke without thinking, eyes briefly widening before trying to calm down. She shouldn't be afraid. She shouldn't, but God... Dream was perfect. He was so nice and hell, she might've fallen harder than she says she did. "I... I like you, Dream."