(057.) FUTURE PLANS AND FIGURES

CHAPTER FIFTY-SEVEN. ✧ ೃ༄
❝ FUTURE PLANS AND FIGURES. ❞

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

"No, D, you have to put your thumbs out in order to hit the ball. Don't keep them inside your fists. Out, like this."

It was 7:57 PM and practice was coming off to an end. Though, Angelica and Drista were practicing together since the girl didn't know the basics of volleyball. She just didn't like the sport but came to join this program so Angelica wouldn't feel alone.

"Like this?" Drista asked, doing the exact same thing the older girl did. Angelica nodded enthusiastically, almost jumping from excitement that she finally got it right. "So, yes?"

"Yes, yes!" Angelica nodded before throwing her the ball, though, her smile vanished when Drista didn't touch the ball with her clasped hands, though, she started jumping a little out of energy. "Alright, we're going to practice with that next week."

"Rosas!"

Drista laughed when she heard the girl groan at hearing the other coach. Angelica turned around and fake smiled, clasping her hands behind her back.

"Yes, Coach Ricks?"

"Stop jumping," he gave her a look, "I can feel your happiness from all the way over here."

"Sir, yes, sir." Angelica gave him a thumbs up and he turned to look back at the other kids he had been watching. The girl turned to look back at Drista and jumped enthusiastically like before. "Remember to keep your thumbs out, okay?"

"Got it, Coach," Drista playfully saluted to her and Angelica shook her head, ruffling her hair. "V, stop!"

"I'm fixing your hair, you sweaty child," Angelica snorted, continuing to mess up her hair.

"I'm not a child," Drista squinted her eyes at her friend who took a step back to grab the volleyball on the floor, a smirk on her face. "Anyway, can you give me a ride back home?"

"Is your mom okay with it?" Angelica raised an eyebrow. Drista nodded just as Coach Ricks blew his whistle to say that practice was done.

"Yep," the two walked to grab their bags, "and she said it was okay. Also, can we buy junk food? I'm starving."

"I'm starving, too," Angelica groaned. "I don't think I ate yesterday. I forgot."

"Hey, V!" The two turned. Ricks stood by. "There were some students that were wondering if you can help them with their hits next week, have volleyball tryouts soon."

"Yeah," Angelica nodded. "That's fine. I'll see you next week then. Bye, old man! Tell Coach Laura I said hi."

"Stop calling me old man, kid!"